Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2002 6:20:33 PM EDT
I'm sort of new the ar 15 world, have shot an ar 15 before but what is an HBAR? I always see auctions or people selling guns that has HBAR posted on it's topic...
So what is a HBAR? Whats it's effects? and all that jazz.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It means Heavy Barrel, so if you see a rifle listed as an HBAR it means that the rifle will be a little heavier in the overall weight due to the thicker barrel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright man, thanks alot, was looking for a heavy barrel rifle anyway (go figure)
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
A little ? Mine weights at least a pound heavier than my friends with a A1 style upper
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A little ? Mine weights at least a pound heavier than my friends with a A1 style upper

Yeah, that counts as a little extra weight to me, after I carry a 40lb kid around for half a day at an amusement park, 1 pound is a little heavier to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
So Sloucher, how are things at FLETC?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#6]
After packing one around all day you'll know what I mean .
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So Sloucher, how are things at FLETC?

What the heck is FLETC? lol, just an hour ago i didn't know what Hbar was....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top