Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2002 10:31:19 PM EDT
I am thinking of a new barrel for my Kimber (ruined, don't ask) and since I am no marksman by any stretch of the imigination I think a GI barrel would be fine.  How much are these going for now, where is the best place to find them and are they or were they ever chromed?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 2:50:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Have Kimber put one in for you and pay 'em.  Why, cause if you don't know barrel prices....well, I guess you don't know how to fit a barrel to slide and bushing.    

Dave S

BTW, it's hard to post here with maimed hands and I'd hate to hear you got hurt trying to save a nickle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:23:29 AM EDT
[#2]
G.I. about $30, some are chrome lined and last forever.
Kimber, Kart, CMC, etc., about $100

www.chipmccormickcorp.com/index2.html
CMC will probably drop in and fit your Kimber perfectly.
www.brownells.com
Spend a bit more and get a better barrel.
With practice, you can become a great 1911 shooter.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not put a better than stock tube in?
Granted,I own some of the chrome lined surplus 1911 tubes, but they reside in a ww2 Colt, and a Ballester-Molina.

If that's all you want, a barrel, then the chrome tube is the bet.

Meplat-

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top