Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 9:27:04 PM EDT
Will be going on a bushmaster M4 A3. As cheap as possible. And I would like to comfortably shoot it without hearing protection. Will this be possible?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest silencer will be the one which you will not have to upgrade or repair or replace in the future, or damage your hearing.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
The cheapest silencer will be the one which you will not have to upgrade or repair or replace in the future, or damage your hearing.

suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I will suggest the YHM, only because of the price.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I think ADCO is carrying these:

Phantom 5.56

Price is right, and you can use the Phantom QD.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
My suggestion is don't go as cheap as possible on any gun equipment you buy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:05:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Go with the top three Advanced Armament, Yankee Hill, or Ops Inc. Find out who has the 5.56 set up you want and purchase it IF IT is stocked at that dealer. If you purchase from a dealer that has no stock you could wait for weeks, months, or yes a year. I have the AAC Omni but it is NOT the cheapest. It on the other hand is a great suppressor. Decide if you will ever put it on another firearm. When purchasing a Quick Disconnect (QD), you will need to buy additional mounting (flashhiders) for each gun. Omni is a QD without any additional hardware. Mounts on the original A2 birdcage. You can also get a threaded suppressor which will can save you a few dollars. The attachments usally will add $60 to $80 to the suppressor. Look up the manufacturers of suppressors and review their products BEFORE making any decision. This will save you time and money in the long run.
Enjoy your shooting
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:38:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Buy quality and only cry once.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good advice.   I went cheap and shouldnt have.  I wish I'd have paid more up front
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#9]
GemTech HALO.  It meets your criteria, yes you can safely shoot w/o hearing protection.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:45:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I second either the Halo or M4-02 from Gemtech.  Both are quality and affordable cans from a company that will still be in business in several years if you need service.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Will be going on a bushmaster M4 A3. As cheap as possible. And I would like to comfortably shoot it without hearing protection. Will this be possible?

If you only have one gun, thread on's are generally cheaper. If you plan to get more and want something easily swappable, go with a QD now to prevent rebuying.

Either way, it still depends on where you shoot and what you consider "comfortably". In doors I find my M402 way too loud, outdoors it's fine.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy quality and only cry once.

Amen to that!

I would suggest the OPS INC 15th model...  It will come with  very effective brake, that is nice when shooting without the can.    
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Tac 16
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like my Buckmark with 3-1/2 in barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top