Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2002 1:09:26 AM EDT
I have a Knights SR15 Match rifle with the Sniper Rails. My intended use is for defense purposes and plinking.
Thanks for your replies,
Tim

P.S. I would also be interested in comp. matches, but don't have knowledge of what's available in the LA. area.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]

I put a Trijicon TA-11 with an ARMS #19 mount on my ArmaLite M15A4.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Put iron sights on it.

Defense shooting normally occurs indoors at ranges inside of 7 yards, you do not need a scope to see 21 feet! A red dot sight like an Aimpoint Comp M2 will help you distances beyond point blank indoor shooting.

Plain old plinking is just practice for defensive shooting so shoot with the irons until you get so that you can hit what you want to hit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Aimpoint on my Colt Sporter Ltw, and a C-More Tac II on my SR-15 M4.  I like them both very much!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a Knights SR15 Match rifle with the Sniper Rails. My intended use is for defense purposes and plinking.
Thanks for your replies,
Tim

P.S. I would also be interested in comp. matches, but don't have knowledge of what's available in the LA. area.

Isn't this a bit much of a rifle for self defense?

Jake
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
For self defense/CQB I swear by my Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]
GSG9

Its not a lot to ask of a rifle, to be used for plinking and maybe used in competition if available in my area. I have other firearms that will takeup the area of defensive purposes.

Tim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top