Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:31:02 PM EDT
I have a Glock 19 waiting for an 9Osprey.  Wanted to get a light or laser or both for it.  I have heard the G19 and TLR-1 that I already have will not work.  Is there anything that will, like a surefire?

While we are at it, what night sights do you guys recommend with the osprey on the G19?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a G30 with the Osprey 45 on it w that same TRL-1.  When just sitting there it looked like it'd all fit but the bottom of the can would hit the top "gussets" of the light just above and aft of the lens when the gun cycled...  So I got a P220 combat instead. 

I don't know if you'd have the same problem with the G19 but I imagine it's possible since the geometry is somewhat similar to the G30.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not planning on getting a new gun, however I wish I could.  Hopefully someone already has an Osprey9 and a G19 and can try some light laser combos.  I wonder if some sort of spacer would work to keep the light farther from the gun?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a thought, but could you not use one of those lasermax mini lasers and attach your light to the bottom of it??
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
That lasermax mini idea might work.  It would help get the light farther below the bottom of the can also.  The can impedes the light beam and makes a funny "V" shape in the light pattern that hits the ground.

I was toying with the idea of milling off some of the aluminum material on the TRL-1 to make it fit but decided to just get a different gun (that I wanted anyway...)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Very interesting...

While we are at it, what night sights do you guys recommend with the osprey on the G19?  

(Editing the original post with this question too)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top