Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 5:57:39 PM EDT
Since the new ATF ruling ?

(info)  -- ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=14&t=186031

www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/071205openletter.pdf

Are there many serviceable M1 s abroad (shooter grade) ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
There should be Hundreds of Thousand of shooter grade M1's and M1911's that we lent to the world that could come home. Some will be junk but some will be Jewels.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Most M1's are already here. If any atre imported, they will be barrel cut parts kits. I think we have what we are going to get here in country right now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if that law includes weapons under "lend-Lease" they are still Property of the US Govt
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most M1's are already here. If any atre imported, they will be barrel cut parts kits. I think we have what we are going to get here in country right now.

Actually I doubt that - the CMP never had anything but Surplussed M1 s and the "Lend Lease" rifles

I would guess that untold thousands were just "Given away" since WW2

And the ruling says we can have WHOLE original Rifles - not just parts kits
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
FAIR has been working on this for a long time, last time it made news was back in 2002, BATFE was stone walling:

www.thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-140824.html

The whole idea is to bring Carbines, Garands, and 1911's back into the country.  There are allot of such weapons out there that are surplus, with no where to go, I think we can now find them a home.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I doubt you will see much if anything but Garands coming back in for sale. Any lend lease 1911 or any caliber but .30 is a NO NO for sale. If 1911s come in they will be by private company and I would bet they will not go for peanuts, there are not 100s of thousands of them out there like some people think, and any that do come in won't go for el-cheapo surplus prices and I guarantee they will be looked over and graded as to makers, variations and the rest. I don't know of any lend lease 1911s out [russkies bought theirs] there but if there is, I'd bet the Govt will either use them, the parts, or destroy them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top