Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 3:39:00 PM EDT
All I know is it's a way to make a gun such as an AR shoot in auto mode by doing something with the trigger or something.  What is it, how do you do it, and how does it work?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:50:04 PM EDT
I think you basically keep your trigger finger still and let the gun rebound off your shoulder or hip.  As it rebounds, the trigger hits your finger discharging another round.  Don't know for the details because I've never had a need for unaimed pseudo-automatic fire.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:55:01 PM EDT
Bump firing is hard to decribe, it's something you actually got to see to understand. Go to www.redstararms.com they have a few clips on it. More or less you use the recoil of the gun to shoot. Gotta see the video it will make more sense. I'm dying to go out and tke my shot at it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:08:40 PM EDT
if you don't know what it is the best way to describe it is just try it.
Put the gun to your hip level stick your trigger finger straight out so it is almost touching the trigger then with your left hand pull the gun into your finger once this happens the gun will recoil but if you have forward pressure it will fall back on the trigger and then all hell breaks lose, really fun but expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top