Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2010 7:36:17 PM EDT
Hey, I noticed that there are almost NO TPD AXR threads and after getting hooked on the MSAR today ( which I would buy instantly if I wasn't married ) I wondered about the TPD AXR...and noticed there is nary a word about it.....

did TPD fold or something???/  Kent seemed to be a very nice fellow...
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
He hasn't folded yet. Last time I talked to him, he said he was still building and shipping a few rifles. I own an AXR, and it's one of the best rifles I've ever owned. I've owned many AR's, AK's, and even HK clones. This rifle is the bomb, as the kids say. I wish he could hang around awhile, but his price point just doesn't fit with the MSAR's selling so cheap right now. Gratuitous pic:

Link Posted: 4/10/2010 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Does he have an extra small shop or something???

With the popularity of the AUG design, I am suprised that all of the sudden you don't hear anything from or about TPD...it's like they dropped off the map.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I think he may even be a 1 man show. Maybe a buddy helping or something. He just can't compete with the MSAR and now even the Steyr is coming down a little. It's also just hard to put eyes or hands on an AXR before you dump that kind of cash.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a product,no pun intended, of bad timing.

If there was no MSAR,I've got a feeling it'd probably be the second most talked about rifle on this board after maybe the FS2000.It's just hard to pass over the STG's quality and price point for what,to most people,is a gun they can't touch until their order comes in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
When I get an AUG it will be made by TPD.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#6]
TPD makes the best Steyr patterned receiver in the biz.
Hands down. Not even Steyr outdid the AXR's receiver and the A3 came out after the AXR.

It also can accept any AR magazine including the lancer mags unlike the E4.  

Only problem is that they're expensive, long waits, and they don't have a bolt release like the A3 and MSAR.

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TPD makes the best Steyr patterned receiver in the biz.

Hands down. Not even Steyr outdid the AXR's receiver and the A3 came out after the AXR.

It also can accept any AR magazine including the lancer mags unlike the E4.  

Only problem is that they're expensive, long waits, and they don't have a bolt release like the A3 and MSAR.

And no provision for left handed...
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to know he is still operational...and getting good marks, too!!!

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a AUG built of a TPD reciever. Kent still has some things going on, but is a small shop.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just a product,no pun intended, of bad timing.

If there was no MSAR,I've got a feeling it'd probably be the second most talked about rifle on this board after maybe the FS2000.It's just hard to pass over the STG's quality and price point for what,to most people,is a gun they can't touch until their order comes in.

Sadly that's what happened. I have a MSAR E4 and I love it but I wish I could have gotten a AXR for the collection. Nice rifles just out of my price range. MSAR is doing something that most people can't believe.... a good rifle at a good price with great customer service.

It's hard for TPD to compete against that. Little shop versus larger company.

In the end I hope he stays in business simply because the more companies out there and the more products the better the choices and prices.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder what ever happened to his .22lr conversion kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top