Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/30/2002 3:15:23 PM EST
I really don't know anything about this subject. Does anyone know what the proceedure is to buy one of these is? I am only 19, is that a problem?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:26:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/30/2002 3:34:58 PM EST by Jim_Dandy]

I am only 19, is that a problem?

Yep. Law requires you to be 21 years of age on this one. Sorry.

To purchase a suppressor on a Form 4, you first have to buy it (from a dealer or individual) and then commence the paperwork drill. This consists of filling the Form 4 out in duplicate, getting two passport photographs, a pair of fingerprint cards, and your chief law enforcement officer's signature on the Form 4s (a MAJOR stumbling block for some). Submit that as an application packet to the BATF's NFA branch along with a check for the $200 transfer tax and wait around 90 days for approval. Happy shooting then commences.

This can also be done by forming a corporation if the CLEO's signature is a pain in the butt (can also incorporate for other reasons). Procedure is still roughly the same, but no fingerprints, no signature, etc. Still $200 per item and about 90 days wait.

Where you are, Arizona, is a fairly Class III friendly state. Getting the CLEO's signature shouldn't be a problem in most counties. Gotta be 21.
Top Top