Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 11:24:28 AM EDT
A Hornady Lock N Load AP with 45 ACP shell plate.  $407.  There's a severe pain coming from backside at this moment
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Blue Koolaid is better than red.  

j/k

Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

j/k

Congrats!

YEP
Seriously though

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to wonderful world of Reloading !!!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

j/k

Congrats!
YEP

Seriously though

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to wonderful world of Reloading !!!

Already part of the wonderful world of reloading.  It's just that I touch off about 500 rounds per month in my 1911 during the winter; more closer to 800 a month in the summer.  The Rock Chucker and the Lee Turret press work well enough, but at that pace I need higher throughput.  I was too afraid of the negative reviews on the LoadMaster and Pro 1000 to get a Lee progressive.  So the Hornady it is.  In a few months I'll save up and get the case feeder
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a minor pain/price compared to the joy of churning out quality rounds on that LnL.

I use an RCBS Pro 2000, but I tried a friends LnL, and I really liked it as well.

Churn out some good ammo!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
As a Dillon 650 owner, I say good on ya.  I think you'll enjoy your press.  So much for the good news, now the bad.  You WILL end up spending more money on a casefeeder for your LNL.  Then it will cost the same as a 650 with casefeeder.  How do I know?  The advantage of a casefeeder is tremendous.  Once you try one you'll never be satisfied until you own one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Confucius say: "It may hurt your backside right but every time you reload your wallet will be happy."
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As a Dillon 650 owner, I say good on ya.  I think you'll enjoy your press.  So much for the good news, now the bad.  You WILL end up spending more money on a casefeeder for your LNL.  Then it will cost the same as a 650 with casefeeder.  How do I know?  The advantage of a casefeeder is tremendous.  Once you try one you'll never be satisfied until you own one.

I intend to get both a case and bullet feeder for it.  If I had never intended to use those, I'd have gone with the Dillon 550, as auto index doesn't help you much without case and bullet feed.  I just won't start out with them immediately because funds are a bit on the tight side at the moment.  Probably sometime in June I'll be in a position to get a case or bullet feeder.  I'll probably get the case feeder first.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to see another LNL user. Hornady red  koolaid is, imo, better than blue koolaid. I think you will find the versatility of this press an advantage.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't think you can go wrong with that LNL or the other popular progressive reloaders.

Think of it this way, that's barely a 1/4 of the price of a decent 1911 ;)
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link below has it for $360 if anyone is interested. Got mine a week ago and its great.

http://www.bigplanetgear.com/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=1089039&pid=60375
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Link below has it for $360 if anyone is interested. Got mine a week ago and its great.

I just discovered that the place you linked to is very similar to Mountain Ridge Armament. In fact my login works for both and I have never been to big planetgear.com. My backorder # does not work on bgp but the price is lower for my backorder and they both have the same est. arrival date. May just have to cancel one and order off the other. Thanks for that link it may have just paid my shipping.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Got mine from Manventure Outpost, also for $360.  After shellplate and shipping it came out at $407.  Expensive, but for that press plus shellplate shipped, that's a pretty good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top