Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2023 8:14:25 PM EDT
Since we were within 3 hours of the south store the wife and I took a drive. We got there about 8:20 the racks were full. A nice man who is on the forum helped me look over the rifles. I picked up a pretty nice IHC service grade. He said they hadn’t had an IHC service grades in awhile. Only thing not IHC was the stock. Readings were 0+,1+
They also had a nice 1903 that I wanted but I already have one. It was a Springfield marked 0+,0+ so we went to the Talladega marksman park since the gentleman said they had a bunch of 03-A3. Well I found a nice Smith Corona with a 1,1+ and I grabbed it since you can only get one bolt action a year. We left and my wife says go back to the south store. I said why? She says I’m getting that 1903 if they have it or am H&R expert in .308. Well it was still there so we picked it up too

Then we made it back to Tullahoma and got to see my son make his first solo flight in a glider. It was nerve wrecking but awesome at the same time. It’s been a great day!
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By sigpros:
Since we were within 3 hours of the south store the wife and I took a drive. We got there about 8:20 the racks were full. A nice man who is on the forum helped me look over the rifles. I picked up a pretty nice IHC service grade. He said they hadn’t had an IHC service grades in awhile. Only thing not IHC was the stock. Readings were 0+,1+
They also had a nice 1903 that I wanted but I already have one. It was a Springfield marked 0+,0+ so we went to the Talladega marksman park since the gentleman said they had a bunch of 03-A3. Well I found a nice Smith Corona with a 1,1+ and I grabbed it since you can only get one bolt action a year. We left and my wife says go back to the south store. I said why? She says I’m getting that 1903 if they have it or am H&R expert in .308. Well it was still there so we picked it up too

Then we made it back to Tullahoma and got to see my son make his first solo flight in a glider. It was nerve wrecking but awesome at the same time. It’s been a great day!
View Quote

I'm glad you had fun, but you're a 1903 hoarder.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have one, and one 03-A3. Well I guess 2 I do have a 03-A3 drill rifle. And 3 garands.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Prices sure have risen.  Glad I bought my Garands years ago.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats OP. You have yourself a good woman!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, beautiful IHC Garand. I've got to make another trip to the south store.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice, congratulations.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Whiskeyballzzz:
Congrats OP. You have yourself a good woman!
View Quote

Yes I do. Very lucky. It was actually her idea to go to the south store since we would be so close
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]
And thanks guys. I’ve always wanted an IHC. I know it’s kinda silly to pay the premium for it to say IHC. But  I have always wanted one
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I say everyone needs one from each manufacturer.  They also need a post war Springfield.  Then another Garand so you can properly stack them.  Then maybe an M1C and M1D.  Then a few early war rifles and a few late war rifles. Maybe a few of the marked rebuilds to round out the collection.  Lastly a gas trap Garand.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:55:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#13]
Tell me if this is right since I'm not very knowledgeable about CMP rifle sales (have ordered one M1 rifle from them previously):

They have Service Grade IHC M1s in stock, despite not listing any on their website.
They have M1903 rifles in stock (not just the display/drill rifles listed on their website).
And both of these may only be purchased in-person (where you can pick one out yourself) but bolt-actions are limited to one per year.

Is all of this correct?
What are the M1903 prices (for functioning rifles)?

There's no way I can buy the above without going to AL?

Someone said I could order an Expert Grade IHC via the mail order form and request original wood furniture and they'll ship it with that instead of the repro stock set (although it may not be an IHC stock, just some USGI wood). Is that correct?

I'd like to add an IHC and an M1903 to the collection, and it's fine if they have new replacement barrels since I'm going to fire them anyway.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Tell me if this is right since I'm not very knowledgeable about CMP rifle sales (have ordered one M1 rifle from them previously):

They have Service Grade IHC M1s in stock, despite not listing any on their website.
They have M1903 rifles in stock (not just the display/drill rifles listed on their website).
And both of these may only be purchased in-person (where you can pick one out yourself) but bolt-actions are limited to one per year.

Is all of this correct?
What are the M1903 prices (for functioning rifles)?

There's no way I can buy the above without going to AL?

Someone said I could order an Expert Grade IHC via the mail order form and request original wood furniture and they'll ship it with that instead of the repro stock set (although it may not be an IHC stock, just some USGI wood). Is that correct?

I'd like to add an IHC and an M1903 to the collection, and it's fine if they have new replacement barrels since I'm going to fire them anyway.
View Quote

Yes to all 3 questions and the 1903 was $950 plus tax. They are out of cases at the south store and will either ship you a case or knock $20 off. I went with the $20 off. If you go you can also check out the Talladega Marksmanship park. They also have a store you can purchase from.

Yes you have to go in person

And I do not know about ordering one and asking for original wood
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok thanks!

That's a nice M1. Do you have pics of the 1903?

Or the glider? How did your son get into glider flying? I saw a thread where people were discussing cross-country glider flights, which I found interesting since I didn't even know that was possible. lol
I also see they have self-launching gliders which is neat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

He’s a couple quick pics. I can get some better ones if there is anything you want to see particularly
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm glad I'm far enough away I can't impulse trip to either store.....it would be very bad for my budget.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Top Top