Page / 153
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the elastic for weapons retention?
I used to use the same concept.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Nefarious7907:
Just ordered a 5.11 Tactical VTAC LBE Belt, they are on closeout on their website

Thats what I got.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Schmoopy:
What I'm fiddling with .

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp328/HeadedNW/aug072.jpg

Schmoopy

Looks like a nice set up. 2 Q for ya:

The bunji cords what are they for, sholder straps?

Runing the fast mags on left and right side ow do you find the off hand side for reloading, or do you use it for feeding some place elce on your rig?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JoshAR:
What I'm fiddling with .

Schmoopy

Looks like a nice set up. 2 Q for ya:

The bunji cords what are they for, sholder straps?

Runing the fast mags on left and right side ow do you find the off hand side for reloading, or do you use it for feeding some place elce on your rig?

It's a CTOMS rig and comes with the bungie cord harness adjusters. I'm not sold on them just yet but being my first belt with a harness I'm gonna give them a shot.
It's not that I don't have an off hand but I spend equal time shooting both left and right rifle and pistol so I try to lay everything out for both , of course my pistol is set up for left right now. I'm trying out the safariland quick detach system (MLS) so I can quickly switch holster bodies and my thigh rig to right or left to keep training  equal.  Might be a little different but it's what I'm doing.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TannerB:
5.11 belt I got on closeout for 8 bucks

So what do you think of that 5.11 belt? I notice they're still on sale for $13.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 8:40:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medalhedd] [#6]
I'll play, here's mine. Still kinda tweeking it though. I just havent had time to messy it up yet.
It's set up for my Colt AR and Glock 17. Has two dump pouches (one roll up and the other is the snap flap), med pouch, multi-tool and flashlight pouch, couple mag pouches each for the rifle and pistol, knife and holster. Will I ever use this shit hardcore style, maybe not, but its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, right?

Shit on me, I just realized my time stamp is running behind...only a few months tho

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Deadmeat99:
Originally Posted By TannerB:
5.11 belt I got on closeout for 8 bucks

So what do you think of that 5.11 belt? I notice they're still on sale for $13.

Lapg is where I got mine, Fit and finish seems pretty nice to me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
l/XL out of stock
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know where I can find a size chart on those 5.11 belts? I click on sizing next to description and it doesn't seem to be doing anything..

I have about a 42-44 inch waist if that helps, I may pick one up due to the price
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DBerk:
Anyone know where I can find a size chart on those 5.11 belts? I click on sizing next to description and it doesn't seem to be doing anything..

I have about a 42-44 inch waist if that helps, I may pick one up due to the price

Small 28-30"
Medium 32-34"
Large 36-38"
XLarge 40-42"
2XLarge 44-46"
3XLarge 48-50"
4XLarge 52-54"

I think someone above said they run small, and to buy a size larger than you need.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is it that no one runs any water bottle? I see plenty of ammo, knives, lights, and bleeder kits. Am I wrong that 1st line for the event you have to ditch all your equipment, except your first line? I roll a maxpedition nalgene bottle carrier with a survival bar in it, and a pocket sized water filter good for up to 20 gal. This should by me atleast 24 hours.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#12]
...Camelbak?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By VegasSig:

Why is it that no one runs any water bottle? I see plenty of ammo, knives, lights, and bleeder kits. Am I wrong that 1st line for the event you have to ditch all your equipment, except your first line? I roll a maxpedition nalgene bottle carrier with a survival bar in it, and a pocket sized water filter good for up to 20 gal. This should by me atleast 24 hours.

the way i see it is your first line is dedicated to immediate survival. aka, weapons and life saving equipment only.  water and food should be 3rd line, or existence gear so to speak.  you wont need water if you cant get your weapon up and running.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:14:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I kept a Gatorade bottle in my dump pouch for most of Operation Javelin Thrust.  No reason you can't too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By starduks:

the way I see it is your first line is dedicated to immediate survival. aka, weapons and life saving equipment only.  water and food should be 3rd line, or existence gear so to speak.  you wont need water if you cant get your weapon up and running.

Okay, I gotcha. However, water is needed for immediate survival. My hydration pouch only uses two molle loops, and is located at the seven o'clock position.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#16]
ive seen a few of you guys running Eagle ar mag pouches with FB inserts, with 2 pistol mag pouches with FB inserts on the outside of it. where do i order one? i cant seem to find a place that carrys them. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Deadmeat99:
Originally Posted By DBerk:

Small 28-30"
Medium 32-34"
Large 36-38"
XLarge 40-42"
2XLarge 44-46"
3XLarge 48-50"
4XLarge 52-54"

I think someone above said they run small, and to buy a size larger than you need.

Thanks! I ordered a 2x-3x because like you said I read the review on the site and someone else said they run a lil small also..

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I have mine (they do run a little small) and I have not had a problem with it yet (plastic buckle).  I'm in the process of modifying it for use with some padded suspenders.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#20]
What I'm fiddling with .

Good looking kit.  You might want to think about dumping the drop leg set up and running your gat on an extended shank for the holster.  If you run a thigh rig high enough to be fast AND stable, you end up with a ball smasher.  At least I do.  I much prefer a 1.5" drop shank for my safariland rigs.  Then again, I have huge balls.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Tagged for future reference...
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By starduks:

the way I see it is your first line is dedicated to immediate survival. aka, weapons and life saving equipment only.  water and food should be 3rd line, or existence gear so to speak.  you wont need water if you cant get your weapon up and running.

Okay, I gotcha. However, water is needed for immediate survival. My hydration pouch only uses two molle loops, and is located at the seven o'clock position.

I ment more of for the next 20 mins in a gunfight survival.  i fully agree that water is a key survival item. i always have my camelback on me.

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quick question for usng the basic LC2 pistol belt.  Will any of the newer style mag pouches using the MOLLE straps or PALS system work on the belt?  Or will the pouches be too loose.  I was looking to use the Spectre UMP (Universal Mag Pouches) with my ALICE belt.  These pouches are nice and allow the use of different types of mags to be used depdending on what rifle you have out.  They also have similar pistol mag pouches.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Who makes the suspenders?

Originally Posted By medalhedd:
I'll play, here's mine. Still kinda tweeking it though. I just havent had time to messy it up yet.
It's set up for my Colt AR and Glock 17. Has two dump pouches (one roll up and the other is the snap flap), med pouch, multi-tool and flashlight pouch, couple mag pouches each for the rifle and pistol, knife and holster. Will I ever use this shit hardcore style, maybe not, but its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, right?

Shit on me, I just realized my time stamp is running behind...only a few months tho

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/medalhedd/pictures063.jpg

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 8:08:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medalhedd] [#25]
Originally Posted By Maguzi308:

Warrior Assault Systems  http://uktactical.com/acatalog/Low_Profile_Harness.html

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Maguzi308:

Warrior Assault Systems  http://uktactical.com/acatalog/Low_Profile_Harness.html

Some pretty tricked out plate carriers available there at a good price.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#27]
This was their RICAS that I had. Couldnt justify keeping it so I opted for something less. Awesome vest though.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BlueCrusader:
What I'm fiddling with .

Good looking kit.  You might want to think about dumping the drop leg set up and running your gat on an extended shank for the holster.  If you run a thigh rig high enough to be fast AND stable, you end up with a ball smasher.  At least I do.  I much prefer a 1.5" drop shank for my safariland rigs.  Then again, I have huge balls.  YMMV.

I have that set up as well... and although I have not smashed my balls yet (small balls) may prefer it just for the fact that I can don it much faster as well as not worring about crushing the beans.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#29]
What I'm fiddling with .

Any pics or info on this drop shank?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#30]
Originally Posted By testedone:

Serpa Holster  with MOLLE Adpater (XD 9)

TESTEDONE Does the serpa on your waist knock into your AR when running around with it on a sling?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
What I'm fiddling with .

Just go to LA Police Gear and look up Safariland Accessories.  They're like a replacement belt loop that screws onto the back of the holster.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#32]

If you drill back earlier in the thread, check out my 1st Line/Warbelt.

You want to order the Safariland 6075 1.5" UBL.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:

That would be it.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Thanks guys, now I just need one for my serpa holster
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#35]
It's finnaly done:

Carrier:

Eagle PC w/ Cumberbun; IV multi hit plates from BPM. TT 3x Mag pouch, Admin pouch w/ American Flag IR. Still need to do a blow out kit for it.

Belt:

TT Padded belt: Safariland 6004, TT 3x pistol mag pouch, 2x Fast Mag, Maxpedition dump pouch, TT Utility pouch above holster. G19 w/X300 and CRTK M16-14m  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Finally got a start on mine. Most is thanks to Blackstone Tactical
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Schmoopy, what knife is that next to the pistola?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Carrier:
Eagle PC w/ Cumberbun; IV multi hit plates from BPM. TT 3x Mag pouch, Admin pouch w/ American Flag IR. Still need to do a blow out kit for it.

Belt:
TT Padded belt: Safariland 6004, TT 3x pistol mag pouch, 2x Fast Mag, Maxpedition dump pouch, TT Utility pouch above holster. G19 w/X300 and CRTK M16-14m  

That's a lot of very nice kit ... however, you may have failed on your color selection.  All of that black kit makes an awfully nice bullseye to line up on.  The red tape on the mags doesn't help.

My primary kit might all be in ACUcrap, but I have assiduously tried to remove as much black from it as possible, and to go with foliage green accessories where I can.  I recommend that everyone else does the same, regardless of which particular camo pattern or color scheme they go with.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Carrier:

Belt:

That's a lot of very nice kit ... however, you may have failed on your color selection.  All of that black kit makes an awfully nice bullseye to line up on.  The red tape on the mags doesn't help.

My primary kit might all be in ACUcrap, but I have assiduously tried to remove as much black from it as possible, and to go with foliage green accessories where I can.  I recommend that everyone else does the same, regardless of which particular camo pattern or color scheme they go with.

Black=LEO
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HoseDraggar:
Schmoopy, what knife is that next to the pistola?

Trident Oberland (now Crusader Forge)

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By wtturn:

Black=LEO

Hopefully not with that highly professional patch on the center of the plate carrier.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wtturn:

Black=LEO

Thats the intent.

Tape is for go to mags in my safe as ID on what's in them.

The next personal rig I make will not be black.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:Hopefully not with that highly professional patch on the center of the plate carrier.  

LOL you guys take stuff to seriously. Velcro.......
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:16:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heineken] [#44]
Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:Hopefully not with that highly professional patch on the center of the plate carrier.  

LOL you guys take stuff to seriously. Velcro.......

one thing i have learned, i dont care what you do, someone on here will most likely try to cut you down or flame you for it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By stretch415:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/stretch415/IMG_0453.jpg

Got specs?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stretch415] [#46]
Originally Posted By LoadIt:
Originally Posted By stretch415:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/stretch415/IMG_0453.jpg

Got specs?

The little I can remember

Safariland 6004 Holster with spare mags attachment for XD9 4" -EE
Tactical Tailer Duty Belt(nice and stiff) - Blackstone Tactical
ATS Warbelt Medium Ranger Green - Blackstone
ATS Singe Mag Pouch - Blackstone
ATS dual Mag Pouch - Blackstone
ATS Short AR Mag Pouch X2 - Blackstone
Maxpedition FRS1 Med pouch - Blackstone
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#47]
fresh from three days of rain and mud at a  EAG three day carbine course.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#48]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
Originally Posted By egress81:
Originally Posted By Horseman:
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/belt_rig_01_web.jpg

ATS War Belt - $40
Gould & Goodrich duty belt - Free (had is lying around)
Diamondback Tactical quad pistol mag pouch - $31
2 Diamondback Tactical short AR mag shingles - $16 each
Safariland 6377 ALS holster using the Universal Belt Loop - $25
Maxpedition RollyPoly - $25

How come you're running your AR mags back/right side?  

Obviously, that's comfortable for you, but I'm wondering about taking the strong/control hand off the rifle during a mag change.  

Maybe he is left handed... ya i know the pistol is on the right side but if he is like me i shoot long arms left and pistols right, to me it makes sense

That is correct. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. I shoot pistols right handed and rifles left handed.

I thought I was the only one!!  Good to have company..
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:06:05 AM EDT
[#50]
ats belt, straps are mine, pouches are TT,HSGI,DBT and BHI.

Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top