Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Schmoopy, nice rig.  Eactly what inner belt are you using?  The buckle looks like it would last and is that an ATS war belt?  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The rig is a CTOMS inculing the belt  and buckle ,  the buckle is an Austialpin Cobra
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 9:01:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Clasky] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same Safariland leg shroud. I would have never thought of mounting my multi-tool to the leg strap. That's brilliant! What a great way to free up space on your belt.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AK47CBR:
I have the same Safariland leg shroud. I would have never thought of mounting my multi-tool to the leg strap. That's brilliant! What a great way to free up space on your belt.

Hey!   I did it on page 2....
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
do you just rivet things onto the safarilands? I have a 2 mag carrier on mine but it came that way. I guess I could look too
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MOS2111:
Originally Posted By AK47CBR:

Hey!   I did it on page 2....

Do you have any clue how long ago page 2 was?
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Clasky:

No stand-alone pics, but I run this:

I vote for "no posting in this thread by sponsored shooters" ...
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:

No stand-alone pics, but I run this:

I vote for "no posting in this thread by sponsored shooters" ...

No sponsorship here, brother.  We keep our skills sharp for our "extracurricular activities."  Besides, who would you rather work with: a salesman that might as well be selling printers or someone who still gets behind the trigger?    Like the Marines, at TNVC, everyone is a shooter first.

You hiring?
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered my first war belt from Blackstone Tactical.  They called me an hour later and make sure things were correct.

Good Service!
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By skygod:
I just ordered my first war belt from Blackstone Tactical.  They called me an hour later and make sure things were correct.

Good Service!

They did the same for me. Ill be ordering there again when the time comes
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#14]
What a great thread.!
Excuse the NEWB question, but why the knock on black gear?
I started a thread HERE looking into color ideas.
Any and all help you guys can offer would be great!
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Intimdtr77:
What a great thread.!

Because black doesn't blend with anything, in fact it sticks out in most areas. I saw your thread, go with what color best matches your surroundings. Having never been to NY I can only guess that woodland, mulitcam, ranger green and OD would work well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By clharr:
What a great thread.!

Because black doesn't blend with anything, in fact it sticks out in most areas. I saw your thread, go with what color best matches your surroundings. Having never been to NY I can only guess that woodland, mulitcam, ranger green and OD would work well.

That is where I am headed I think.
I figured black would be good in low light or no light scenarios? No?
Thanks for hitting the thread for me too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#17]
What a great thread.!

I'm no expert but black can still stick out at night if the surronding area is light in color.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Camo is more about breaking up a silloutte then it is about wearing colors that match your locale.  All black makes a very prominant silloutte.  Color is important, just not the only thing to think about.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#19]
What a great thread.!

What do you actually see in nature that is truly black?

Black stands out in many cases. Black is usually chosen because people feel it is an intimidating color (SWAT), it does not look military, or incorrectly assume it blends into non-rural/urban  environments.

Link Posted: 10/16/2009 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
In total darkness, it doesn't matter what you wear.   You could wear day-glo pink, and if there is no light, you still can't see it.   In the real world, total darkness is exceedingly rare.   (caves, and some interior rooms) so what we really need to look at is low-light conditions.    In low-Light conditions, everything but black will reflect some light.   If you wear black... you will stand out as the "darker than everything-else" blob.   If you are wearing a camo that blends well during the day, it will blend just as well at night.  It will still reflect the same amount of light as the surrounding environment, whereas black will not.
RB
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you very much guys. I really never thought of it that way.
It really makes sense when you explain it that way.
I know it was always shunned here when we see SWAT with i, but I have also seen SWAT shunned for wearing Digi Cam etc.
I think OD is really the way for me. Something in the green line broken up a little.

I really like those ATS belts. I think that is what I will get.
Hoopefully you will see more of me in here.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone used the battlelab assaulters belt from Diamondback Tactical?  Looks like the inner belt comes with the outer sleeve.  Price is comparible to the ATS warbelt.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/BattleLab-BackpackAssaulters-Accessory-Belt-33-42-P279C12.aspx
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By cbrmike:

Anyone used the battlelab assaulters belt from Diamondback Tactical?  Looks like the inner belt comes with the outer sleeve.  Price is comparible to the ATS warbelt.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/BattleLab-BackpackAssaulters-Accessory-Belt-33-42-P279C12.aspx

There is a guy with that setup on page 1 on this thread.  I think...

Link Posted: 10/17/2009 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Saw some DBT pouches lurking around, but couldn't find a belt.  Looks good for the price, but can't tell if it can be setup to handle subloads off the inner belt.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Iirc, someone in this thread had that discussion with DBT, and was told the belt was not stiff like a duty belt. I want to say it's single layer webbing, but don't take my word for it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 10:53:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tcs007] [#26]
Found it on page 3, but it was about the ATS warbelt.
Originally Posted By Backstop:

Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:
Originally Posted By fisterkev:
Don't get me wrong - the ATS inner belt is perfect with the ATS warbelt, as no stiffness is required ... Overseas I used a belt very similar to the BH belt mentioned (bought in PX, forgot maker). Such belts are really the best for stand alone use, but in a warbelt I don't think the stiffness is really necessary.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I find that a sloppy belt reduces the stability of my belt-drop holster, and makes draws less positive. As well, I prefer the stiffness of the heavier belt, just as I preferred it when I previously ran a CR Speed IPSC belt as my 1st Line when I was in Group.

To me, there is no advantage to having a belt with little stiffness, and only disadvantages. YMMV.

FWIW, when I ordered my ATS war belt, the lady taking my order - after our lengthy discussion - told me not to buy their inner belt; it wouldn't be stiff enough.

Link Posted: 10/17/2009 11:05:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Opey] [#27]
Originally Posted By cbrmike:

I'm using the Diamondback  Battlelab belt.  Yes, the inner belt comes with the outer sleeve.  It is sewn onto the sleeve. I really didn't care for the "belt", it was too thin, and it just didn't feel stiff enough to support the weight of the belt, pouches, accessories etc.  I cut the "belt" off, and slid in an Eagle Duty belt.  This setup feels like it supports the weight much better.  Also, there is no cut out to carry a subload.

Link Posted: 10/17/2009 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I picked up an ATS Warbelt and Blackhawk Enhanced Military Belt and cannot keep the belt in position around my hips without it wanting to ride up as soon as I bend over slightly.  The belt wants to pop up over my ass and ends up loose around my navel, above my hip bones.  I'm in shape and don't have a gut to hang over the belt and keep it down.  I was considering getting a drop leg holster to keep it down (6004 single-strap).  Anybody else have this problem and how do you fix it without using a drop-leg holster?
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
I picked up an ATS Warbelt and Blackhawk Enhanced Military Belt and cannot keep the belt in position around my hips without it wanting to ride up as soon as I bend over slightly.  The belt wants to pop up over my ass and ends up loose around my navel, above my hip bones.  I'm in shape and don't have a gut to hang over the belt and keep it down.  I was considering getting a drop leg holster to keep it down (6004 single-strap).  Anybody else have this problem and how do you fix it without using a drop-leg holster?

Is the belt loaded down at all? I'm sure once you add your stuff you won't have as much of a riding up problem
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 7:02:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hanz] [#30]
Thanks to the many rigs detailed here I was able to put this together:

I've only used a couple of times so far but it's a lot better than the old belt I used to use.

I went with a 6005 so I can switch between pistols on a whim.

I added a leg strap to the Knife sheath for better stability (couldn't always draw the knife without it)

I keep a bunch of loose shotshells in the Maxpedition pouch.

I tried to keep it prone & vehicle friendly.  Prone works fine but I don't fit in all vehicles with it.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By chiz45:

Is the belt loaded down at all? I'm sure once you add your stuff you won't have as much of a riding up problem

no its not loaded down yet.  I was just trying it on and adjusting the belt to fit and I noticed it riding up bigtime.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Hanz:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/Hanzbucket/ZombieBelt001.jpg

I've only used a couple of times so far but it's a lot better than the old belt I used to use.

I added a leg strap to the Knife sheath for better stability (couldn't always draw the knife without it)

I tried to keep it prone & vehicle friendly.  Prone works fine but I don't fit in all vehicles with it.  

Whats up with the inverted FastMag?
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Tighten the belt. Mine rides fine and doesn't pop up that much.

Link Posted: 10/17/2009 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

When I'm prone my right hand (strong hand) comes off the pistol grip and my wrist can stay in the same position as I shove the mag up into the carbine.  It seems to work for me.  It's also compatible if I'm wearing a plate carrier.  The FastMag on the LH side gets emptied if I'm wearing a plate carrier.  

I'm still trying things and making changes.  It never really ends I guess.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#35]
<snip>

That Fastmag is messed up. I understand the reasoning for it to be inverted as Shaken does it, but your positioning just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Why are you carrying the weight of the shot shells? Is this a 3-gun rig? Is so, then it makes sense. If not, you'd be better off grabbing some when you grab the shotgun rather than have them all the time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

When I'm prone my right hand (strong hand) comes off the pistol grip and my wrist can stay in the same position as I shove the mag up into the carbine.  It seems to work for me.  It's also compatible if I'm wearing a plate carrier.  The FastMag on the LH side gets emptied if I'm wearing a plate carrier.  

I'm still trying things and making changes.  It never really ends I guess.

Have you encountered an iossue with the inverted carrier hampering your draw when you transition to the pistol?
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I have long spider monkey arms and maybe I have a lot of dexterity or I'm just really slow and deliberate.  It works for me.  That's the beauty of MOLLE you can jumble stuff around until it works for you.

The shotshells stay.  The Zombies aren't going to wait for me to go and fetch some.  The suspenders help support the weight and they ride under a plate carrier without any trouble.

When transitioning the pistol is low enough and far enough out, away from my leg, that it hasn't been a problem.  I think what may be confusing is that this isn't a 6004 modded to ride high, it's a bone stock 6005 and rides lower than a modded holster.  It drops it enough to allow me the room I need to manipulate the mag with my strong hand.  I keep my wrist close to the belt and the mag passes between the holster and my body.

Photos for a better idea of the layout:

Sorry about the dirty mirror

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#38]
In what context are you using it for, Duty LE use, 3-gun/Practical Rifle, SHTF/Range drills?

Link Posted: 10/19/2009 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Nobody running the BFG SOC-C belt?  Thinking about ordering next paycheck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I keep trying new setups with my war belt....but I think that it's one of those things that just won't work for me.  I have tried playing around with where I have my armor sit and where I have my belt sitting but it always comes down to either my armor getting in the way of my belt or my belt in the way of my mobility....neither one is really acceptable.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By nf9648:
Nobody running the BFG SOC-C belt?  Thinking about ordering next paycheck.

Yeah, that is on my list at the start of next month.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By chwi548:
In what context are you using it for, Duty LE use, 3-gun/Practical Rifle, ?

A bit of three gun and primarily SHTF/Range drills.  When I set up my gear/rig I attempt to make sure that it's best for SHTF first and then I'll try it out in some competitions to test it out.  I don't want to fall into the trap of making something up that's too game oriented.  I'd rather lose seconds in a competition and know that my rig is a bit better suited for SHTF.  If that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I have long spider monkey arms and maybe I have a lot of dexterity or I'm just really slow and deliberate.  It works for me.  That's the beauty of MOLLE you can jumble stuff around until it works for you.

The shotshells stay.  The Zombies aren't going to wait for me to go and fetch some.  The suspenders help support the weight and they ride under a plate carrier without any trouble.

When transitioning the pistol is low enough and far enough out, away from my leg, that it hasn't been a problem.  I think what may be confusing is that this isn't a 6004 modded to ride high, it's a bone stock 6005 and rides lower than a modded holster.  It drops it enough to allow me the room I need to manipulate the mag with my strong hand.  I keep my wrist close to the belt and the mag passes between the holster and my body.

Photos for a better idea of the layout:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/Hanzbucket/mirror001.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/Hanzbucket/mirror002.jpg

Sorry about the dirty mirror

Is that a G19? if so what model holster is that? Ive been looking at the 6004/6005 series but it doesnt seem real common for them to be for the G19
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stretch415:
SNIP

Is that a G19? if so what model holster is that? Ive been looking at the 6004/6005 series but it doesnt seem real common for them to be for the G19

G34 with a Insight Procyon light on it.  Safariland states that it works with the Streamlight M3 and it works with both.  I just checked a G19 with either light on it and it works fine.  The Safariland part number is 6005-68321-551.

Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:00:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eagle3] [#45]
see latest message.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Eagle3:
realistically speaking, how much (oz) do you guy's drimk in one sitting ?

I know it's not the amount but to enjoy the flavor but after 8 oz today (enjoying the day/relaxing)  I ws pretty shit faced.

I guess I have to watch after my haert attack- Doc siad that I could have 2 coffee's and 2 alcoholic drinks but didn't say how much 2 drinks amount to-LOL  - I can at least see the key board !!!!!

I did enjoy the day though.

pretty random for a thread on battle belts
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eagle3] [#47]
I am truly sorry- wrong site.

This was meant for a Scotch dissussion that I belong to.

I know it's not the amount but to enjoy the flavor but after 8 oz today (enjoying the day/relaxing)  I ws pretty shit faced.

I guess I have to watch after my haert attack- Doc siad that I could have 2 coffee's and 2 alcoholic drinks but didn't say how much 2 drinks amount to-LOL  - I can at least see the key board !!!!!

Link Posted: 10/22/2009 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Haha leave it to the drunkie to post on the wrong site
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Was it at least a Scotch discussion on our site, maybe the Humidor?
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Was it at least a Scotch discussion on our site, maybe the Humidor?

at least it wasnt fetish related. Could have been a post for a gay giraffe site

Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top