Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/8/2002 1:16:59 PM EDT
I was at the shop today picking up my 1911 and a Walther P22 caught our eyes. It appeared to have a threaded barrel with thread protector. For $199 it looked like a great little pistol. Does anyone know anything about these?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:34:43 PM EDT
I bought one a couple months back and I love it.

There are 2 different models, the P22 and the P22 Target, which is basically the same pistol, but the Target model has a 5 inch barrel and a "stabilizer" (barrel weight) on the end. the standard P22 is a 3.5 inch barrel.

Whichever one you get, you can get the other barrel for it, and interchange them.

The pistol comes with 2 mags, one has a finger groove on the bottom and one has a flat plate.

Loaded chamber indicator, integrated lock, magazine safety disconnect, interchangeable sights, interchangeable barrel system, ambidextrous mag realease, threaded barrel with protector. This baby's loaded !

Shoots great, looks cool, you won't regret buying it !

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:02:09 PM EDT
One-ninety-nine? Wow, I was fondling one today, it was $260. Is the going ticket just $200 on one of these? I am glad I didn't buy then at $260, I was sorely tempted.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:16:11 PM EDT
Neat lokking, small, tiny, grip.

Did I say the grip was really small?
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:48:12 PM EDT
Oh yeah, I forgot. One of the two P22s in the shop said SMITH & WESSON, SPRINGFIELD MA on it. That slowed down my wallet hand a little.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:16:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

it has interchangeable grip panels, so you can make it fatter.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:25:02 AM EDT
Does the standard model have a threaded barrel? Thats what it looked like to me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:37:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:26:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By schapman43:
Does the standard model have a threaded barrel? Thats what it looked like to me.

Both barrels are threaded.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:05:06 AM EDT
This is a very cool pistol!!! One of my friends has this gun with one of SWR's .22 suppressors. It looks like it just stepped out of a "James Bond - 007" movie, and all you here is the slide.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:03:35 AM EDT
Check out a recent issue of SAR, the back cover has a pic of a P22 with Gem-Tech's "OUTBACK" silencer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:45:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo:

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

it has interchangeable grip panels, so you can make it fatter.

I meant to add that it's a very short grip too.
But still a very neat pistol.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:43:35 PM EDT
Back in January I emailed Walther about the P22-- I wanted both barrel configurations. They said that in February they are planning to package it with both barrels.

Remember-- the target (5" barrel with weight) is more expensive.

Anyway, I love this gun, and plan to get one as soon as I see one with both barrels, since at the moment, they do not sell them separately.

Also-- when the guy replied to me, his email address was Smith & Wesson, not Walther. Remember when Smith & Wesson made a look-a-like to the Walther P99? (It was not as nice as the P99 though).

Also-- I saw a NICE P22 at a gun show for $600 + the $200 tax. It had the short barrel, with silencer. NICE!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:49:44 PM EDT
Looks like I will have to put one of these bad boys on the want list
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:35:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Energizer:
Back in January I emailed Walther about the P22-- I wanted both barrel configurations. They said that in February they are planning to package it with both barrels.

Remember-- the target (5" barrel with weight) is more expensive.

Anyway, I love this gun, and plan to get one as soon as I see one with both barrels, since at the moment, they do not sell them separately.

Also-- when the guy replied to me, his email address was Smith & Wesson, not Walther. Remember when Smith & Wesson made a look-a-like to the Walther P99? (It was not as nice as the P99 though).

Also-- I saw a NICE P22 at a gun show for $600 + the $200 tax. It had the short barrel, with silencer. NICE!

Conversion Barrels are available from www.waltherusa.net/.

I bought the P22 Target model and my short barrel arrived last week. SWEEEEET !

Also, Walther is a German company. Smith and Wesson is handling U.S. warranty work for them.

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:19:15 AM EDT

How much is the short barrel selling for?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:24:33 AM EDT
According to their web site it is $60.00
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:52:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Energizer:

How much is the short barrel selling for?

The short barrel was $60.00, and shipping was reasonable, about $7.00. Their order form isn't exactly the greatest - you have to cut and paste on to it - but everything worked fine and my order arrived fairly quickly.

Top Top