Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 7:39:42 AM EDT
I've had a hard on for one of these for a while, but have really been considering making the leap to do it.

What I want to know is, aside from Impact who I am VERY reluctant to deal with, who has these and what's a fair price to expect to have to pay?

Also, quality and impressions would be appreciated. Known shortcomings, etc.  Cost to value, etc....?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen one in person, so no first hand knowledge.

Just form internet "sources" - if you can call them that, and from some other more experienced individuals, there are currently better cans out there.

But if your dead set with the KAC, give us a review as soon as you can.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
There are no fair prices on Knights silencers cause shipment time from Knights to a dealer can easily run over a year.  So if a dealer has one in stock for sale they will demand a high premium.

The Knights is for people who want a military clone something, hardly the quietest unit around, but they have the contracts, so people want them.

If you find a dealer that has one, and you want it, you better buy it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
well, that's certainly one spin on it!  LOL!

probably pretty accurate too unfortunately!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#4]
dont get us wrong, it has extreme cool factor....and it obviously works to the extent that the government wanted it for the special guys out there....

BUT - like Dave said, with the money a dealer would charge, if you found one, it would be more of a "collection" item for most...

There are some other alternatives that would more than likely exceed your expectations compared to the KAC can...

YMMV, if you get one though, let us know how it goes
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I know where you're coming from!  

Honestly, part of it is the cool factor and the fact that I was in a unit under Socom and Im sorta building a SOCOM "kit" rifle.  Cheesy, I know, but after ETS IT'S ALL YOU GOT (Glory Days! -- LOL)!!!

I'm also curious if anyone knows -- how is the performance of this can with an 11.5" barrel?  I was thinking about putting the FH on my Colt Commando (6933) -- My "M4-gery" already has one.  

And, as you have probably determined, i'm very cherry to suppressors -- how much impact will a can have on the ballistics (say relative to a calibrated ACOG NSN)?

Thanks for all the advice and opinions you guys can offer......
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
The KAC can def. looks tough.  You just dont hear much about them. Probably because very few own one.   If I could find one in stock, I would probably buy it, as long as the dealer didnt double the price just to make a profit.  OPS INC is the next best thing in my opinion.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I just sighted in an 11.5" barrel today. The silencer I used was 28oz  at 100yds the addition of the silencer caused the point of aim to raise 3".

So I sighted in 1" low at 100 which put it 1" high silencer on,  I figure either way I am within an inch of my target.  My target was a 1" polka dot.

Of course the configuration of your silencer, and harmonics of your barrel are going to be totally different than this gun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I used one.  It was pretty quiet IMO (my ears might barely ring one out of three rounds and that's pretty good considering most 5.56 cans I've used ring them in 1.)

The POI change wasn't as big a deal as the slop on the mount contributing to group dispersion.  Of course the AAC people have mounts they claim will tighten the fit and correspondingly reduce group dispersion so maybe that would be a better settup.  

The can is tough, and compact- but a little heavy also.  

That was an M4QD - not an M4QD SS NT-4 so I don't know how that would change things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top