Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 5:44:42 AM EDT
Anyone have one of these?  I'm thinking about buying one.  I can't really afford it right now but I know they aren't getting any cheaper.  I'd really like a 16 but I think about $3k is about what the budget is going to allow, give or take.

Quality?  Fun?  I've fired FA Uzis before and I thought they were fun, but that's different from owning one.  Do you get tired of a 9mm buzzgun after a while?

QS
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered one this week, so obviously I convinced myself...   I've read around and the Vector's seem to have a very good reputation for quality and reliability.  I though about a Vector Mini Uzi for a little while, but they are an extra $1000 and some people say the cyclical rate is too fast, can't easily let loose a 1-2 shot burst, plus at 1200 RPM a 25 round clip would go pretty fast.  

Now I am working on getting a suppressor for it so I can shoot without hearing protection and freaking out neighbors, but I have a lot to learn about that world...

A have an AR15 and and FNC, and also thought about getting a 5.56 full auto, but I think I would prefer to keep them semi, and have a subgun as my class 3 'cause I figure it is more controllable, cheaper to shoot and can be shot in more places.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:49:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered one too, I have mags left over from when I had an Uzi carbine a few years ago.  It has an excellent rep, read Peter Kokalis' article on them in his new book, "all things Uzi only better" might be an accurate summation.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah...despite my misleading nic, I'm into suppressors, and there are some good ones available for the Uzi.  Did you guys order it direct from Vector, or did you get it somewhere else?  I'm kinda partial to the mini-Uzi myself, but I don't like the idea of 1200rpm either.

QS
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
After taking the free course at Frontsight, I've been thinking about taking the plunge also. They are a blast and fairly reasonable. They are listed on a couple of the NFA boards for $2700 NIB. But I think I may just hold out for a AR-15 or M-16 RR. Its more bucks but its a lot more flexible platform. Then again for $2700 I doubt you'ld ever lose money on it. I may talk myself into it too. Maybe we could arrange a LEGP deal. They did have volume discounts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
That'd be cool...an LEGP auto Uzi! Maybe we could get a GP together.  Any interest?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I might be up for something like that if we could get a decent price. Check this out:subguns.biggerhammer.net/nfaad.cgi?read=66741
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a group buy of a SWD Macs going on I think the delivered price is in the 1300 range. With a mac jack you can spit out 1800 rpm ;o}

Ropes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top