Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 4:55:19 PM EDT
I've gone to www.packing.org and visited the Virginia state police ccw page, but I'm still confused.

What state ccw licenses does Viriginia recognize?  According to the state web page, it's only West Virginia and Tennessee.  According to packing.org, it's Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and West Virginia.  I know that Virginia's web site is out of date (they don't state that Kentucky recognizes their permit, etc.), but I'm always leery of trusting other 'secondary sources' web sites.

I'm curious because I'm moving to Kentucky and I'd like to be able to carry if I go into VA.  If I stayed here in WI, I'd just get a Texas permit.  (Then again, VA isn't contiguous, so I'd probably not be over there at all.)  It appears that Washington state will be my only option.  But, if VA doesn't recognize WA, then I'm probably screwed.

Virginia folks-- can you offer any assistance?  What other state permits does VA recognize?  (Hopefully I can get a non-resident permit from one of those.....)

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
www.vsp.state.va.us/cjis_cwp.htm
Steve
Hallmark Enterprises, 01/FFL
Richmond VA
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.vsp.state.va.us/cjis_cwp.htm
Steve
Hallmark Enterprises, 01/FFL
Richmond VA
804-986-7409

That was the page I looked at.  NOW I SEE!  Their wording at the bottom was pretty bad--  reciprocity vs recognition.....  

Looks like I'm either going to have to take a trip to Washington state or snag a TX permit up here and hope that they won't revoke it when I move out of Wisconsin.

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
How about you just move to VA and then you won't have to worry about any of it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How about you just move to VA and then you won't have to worry about any of it.

No reason to now.    The College of William and Mary law school refused me because I'm not black.  (Check out www.lawschool.com for more info.)

"Affirmative Action" strikes again.  Look under Blacks Are 730 Times More Likely To Be Admitted to UVA Law School.  It's third from the top.

Mike

EDITED to fix my link.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Get some of those pills like in Soul Man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top