Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2023 7:50:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xCLAYBUSTERx]
What’s this thing worth? Anything I need to look for on it before selling it? It shoots fine but I have zero use for it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like an early Universal with GI-Style parts.  The stock is a Federal Ordnance 3-legged folder - Looks like the barrel band area on the stock was cut off and someone clamped it.

Stocks (uncut ) would fetch a few hundred bucks on ebay by itself but cut its not so much.

Universals have a poor reputation in the Carbine community so no matter how good the gun you won't get as good a price as a GI gun, but with carbine prices high as they are you still could get $500-$600 +/- for a universal on gunbroker but locally its all up to supply and demand
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Looks like an early Universal with GI-Style parts.  The stock is a Federal Ordnance 3-legged folder - Looks like the barrel band area on the stock was cut off and someone clamped it.

Stocks (uncut ) would fetch a few hundred bucks on ebay by itself but cut its not so much.

Universals have a poor reputation in the Carbine community so no matter how good the gun you won't get as good a price as a GI gun, but with carbine prices high as they are you still could get $500-$600 +/- for a universal on gunbroker but locally its all up to supply and demand
View Quote

Gen 1 Universals are sleepers in the Carbine community. They used forged receivers and the early ones USGI parts, That one looks to have a USGI style Universal made trigger group before they widen the trigger group housing. They are getting a following for "shooter" carbines

I would say $700 tops with the mods made to the barrel band and stock. Shame they chopped that Cadmus MP40 style stock. Like you said, those go for decent money anymore and could have sold for $300ish on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#4]
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:

Gen 1 Universals are sleepers in the Carbine community. They used forged receivers and the early ones USGI parts, That one looks to have a USGI style Universal made trigger group before they widen the trigger group housing. They are getting a following for "shooter" carbines

I would say $700 tops with the mods made to the barrel band and stock. Shame they chopped that Cadmus MP40 style stock. Like you said, those go for decent money anymore and could have sold for $300ish on Gunbroker.
View Quote

There’s actually a shop nearby me that has a NIB Cadmus folder for sale for $150.

For the gun 600-700 is probably a fair range.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

There’s actually a shop nearby me that has a NIB Cadmus folder for sale for $150.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:

That's a damn good price. I've been looking for one for years and all I could find were clapped out ones that people wanted $250-300 bucks for. I finally found a LNIB one on another forum for $150 and shipping.....it's one this Carbine now

One of my new production Fulton Armory Carbines. The Ultimak rail and Vortex Venom red dot make a nice handy combo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top