Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 1:05:18 PM EDT
I have looked around a various silencers, and talked to my local LEO (just to make sure they would sign) and have decided to get my first can (maybe two).  I have noticed some suppressors list -30db.  Does this mean that they knock 30db off of the un-suppressed report of the caliber that it's made for?  The reason I ask is when looking a rifle silencers some say 30db (with no "-" in front), does this mean the sound generated w/ the suppressor is 30db?  How many decibels does an un-suppressed .308 round make vs. say a .45 pistol (I know barrel length and environmental conditions come in to play)

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top