Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2007 4:39:37 AM EDT
Want to buy the real deal.  Is there anywhere besides ebay to buy this stuff?  Would prefer it to be "new".  Looking for the woodland version.  Thanx.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
my son just bought a set for 65 dollars real thing off of ebay, thats about the only place that i Know of.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The USMC MARPAT has a copyright on it so it cannot be sold commercially unless the manufacturer has received clearance from the Marine Corps. Usually, this happens on "seconds", garments that were used for a bid, or garments that were rejected by the MC. There are some manufacturers (like ourselves) that sell a similar pattern without the EGA logo but the products may not meet the specs of the authentic garments.

For example, we sell an ACU-cut version with the Woodland and Desert digital patterns without the EGA on it. We expect stock to come in shortly (next week) but it is in heavy demand since many folks look for that pattern.

What specifically were you looking for? I've seen MARPAT being sold from a few distributors but, as I said, these garments were probably approved by the MC for commercial distribution because of the aforementioned reasons.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy it off Ebay.

There are a lot of Marines and their wives that sell it on Ebay to make a little extra cash so you're helping out Marines and their families.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#4]
In before a Marine comes along to tell you that you should not be wearing the EGA  (it is in the pattern) without being one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In before a Marine comes along to tell you that you should not be wearing the EGA  (it is in the pattern) without being one.

who cares, my son (teenager) bought the real set and will wear it.  bought it brand new with tags. EGA and all.  he is counting down the days till he is able to join the marine corp. So any Marine that comes along and says that will be ignored, they need to think of it as a future asset investment and not a poser trying to be cool.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]
It is the second best pattern next to multicam so I understand why people want it.  I dont have any problems with Civies wearing Marpat, mini EGA or not as long as they dont have US MARINES or rank on it...

But some people shit a golden brick if you wear it, even if you were a Marine....
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#7]
50/50 polyester/cotton, made to military specs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I take that back; I believe the ones I'm looking for are nylon/cotton.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I take that back; I believe the ones I'm looking for are nylon/cotton.

Milspec is 50/50 NYCO. Ripstop or Twill depends on the branch of the military.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Meh, I don't care what people think so much.

I've got a new set of woodland MARPATs (using my status as an inactive Marine) and all my SHTF stuff I'm getting or got from Tactical Taylor and ESSTAC are woodland MARPAT too (all with the embedded EGA).  I'm not going to wear it to the mall or some such though.  Strictly bought for Red Dawn SHTF or ITEOTWAWKI scenarios. (Too damned much time spent in the ARFCOM Survival Forum.)  

Once a Marine, always a Marine.

BTW: everyone raves about how good multicam is; one of the real selling points for MARPAT is how well is performs when sopping wet too.  Drench your multicams and see how drastically the camouflage performance drops.

Link Posted: 8/1/2007 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#11]
But do you wear them when you train?  IE a rifle class, or a tac session at the range?
I do.

ETA: That is why I got both, in true arfcom fashion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
But do you wear them when you train?  IE a rifle class, or a tac session at the range?
I do.

ETA: That is why I got both, in true arfcom fashion.

I would indeed.  Especially for Tac Rifle classes at APG or Tiger Valley.  I will admit though (secretly) that I did buy a multicam blouse to "test".  
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a set of MarPat on e-bay from this vendor. It is the real thing with the EGA in the pattern.

http://stores.ebay.com/MAJORCOBBS-CORPS-STORE_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

p.s. bought it for collecting purposes only
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#14]
www.BDU.com

I got mine here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone bought the set from US Cav?? Not sure if they have the EGA in the camo, but the design of the camo and the uniform is pretty close.  One difference between some I've seen and the US cav version is that the US cav ones have the velcro on the chest pockets (like the issued ones) and the inverted cuff buttons (like the issue ones) so I think they're probably closest.  But I'm not sure if they have the elastic on the leg pockets.
 You can always find stuff floating around ebay though!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Ok, I might as well be the first....

I wear the Desert Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (the official/real name of the popular "Marpat" uniform) every day at work.

Yes I have a problem with non-Marines and/or non-Sailors wearing my uniform because I had to go through 13 weeks of recruit training, 10 weeks of MCT, 10 weeks of SOI and then...four years of college, 10 weeks of OCS, 6 months of TBS, and 10 weeks of Infantry Officer's Course in order to earn the right to wear them.

It was different with the legacy woodland cammies because there were no emblems or insignia on them.

But as everyone knows, the MCCUU has the embroidered eagle, globe, and anchor and the small ones throughout.

Its a frustration with no real solution though because even though it irks me, it's a free country that I defend.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I started thinking about it this way.  Its an individually issued item.  Like boots. I spent my deployment watching friendly skinneys run arround in old desert cammies with EGA's ironed on them. Did it bother me?  No, becuase you could tell they were not Marines, they just came across uniforms and wore them.  On the civilian front, our issued cammies are the best thing for true IR inhibiting qualitys, with a REAL military cut and fit.  The people on my"side" who wear them, wear them becuase they are the best thing outthere.  If multicam came in that fit and finish, I would be broke.

If the .gov had a problem with it, they would persue internet purchases of MARPAT with the same vigilance they have used against people who were selling bodyarmor, NVGs and IR illum tools.  There will always be throngs of those who will wear the uniform with out earning it.  The difference is they dont have the benifit of sharing the life changing experiences and training that go with the uniform.  

Now, with that said, running arround in Blues you didnt earn will get your ass stomped faster than you can blink.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:  

Now, with that said, running arround in Blues you didnt earn will get your ass stomped faster than you can blink.

+100

There was a guy in my unit who got ADSEPed for pattern of misconduct/failure to adjust. After he turned all his issued gear in, he was talking about going to Saigon Sam's to buy new corframs so he can wear his blues around when he gets home. "Hey, im still a Marine" he said. i wanted to punch him in the face. im not going into all he did, but he got NJPed about 5 times before he got out. he lost his right to wear that uniform in my eyes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I might as well be the first....

I wear the Desert Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (the official/real name of the popular "Marpat" uniform) every day at work.

Yes I have a problem with non-Marines and/or non-Sailors wearing my uniform because I had to go through 13 weeks of recruit training, 10 weeks of MCT, 10 weeks of SOI and then...four years of college, 10 weeks of OCS, 6 months of TBS, and 10 weeks of Infantry Officer's Course in order to earn the right to wear them.

It was different with the legacy woodland cammies because there were no emblems or insignia on them.

But as everyone knows, the MCCUU has the embroidered eagle, globe, and anchor and the small ones throughout.

Its a frustration with no real solution though because even though it irks me, it's a free country that I defend.

My set dose not have the insignia sewn or otherwise on them. the are just the plane jane woodland digital pattern. I dont wear them because im trying to be something Im not, I simplie feel they are the best pattern to use when/where I use them.  I have every respect anf gratitude for the people who have earned the rite to wear the globe and anchor, but im still going to use the best cut and pattern clothing I can find. this is JMHO, im not tryin to step on any toes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]

I simplie feel they are the best pattern to use when/where I use them.  but im still going to use the best cut and pattern clothing I can find.

And you are thinking like a rational inteligent human being.  Wear them to train or fight and no one has the right to give you shit.  Wear them to the mall.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I really don't care who wears them, so long as they aren't parading about professing themselves to be something they aren't.  I put in way too many miserable days in the field to have the patience for that kind of behavior.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#22]
If I want Marpat, I'd go to the nearest BX.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

[cough] On Marine Corps bases its called the "PX" and plus we don't sell our uniforms there.  We sell our uniforms at the uniform shop or commonly referred to as "cash sales."

"Cash Sales" is also a derogotory remark for a new Marine, just like "boot."
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#24]
The Propper version sold by them is pretty much spot on the same as the Marines get without the EGA.

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[cough] On Marine Corps bases its called the "PX" and plus we don't sell our uniforms there.  We sell our uniforms at the uniform shop or commonly referred to as "cash sales."

The nearest place to me, is a Navy base, which has them at the BX
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The nearest place to me, is a Navy base, which has them at the BX

I know what you mean and I'm not going get into the minutia but if my memory is correct Navy Exchanges are referred to as NEXs?
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmmm, could be right.  I just remember PX/BX in all teh AAFES advertising
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You should not be wearing the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor without actually being a Marine.

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I could care less if you want to wear Mil issue MARPAT, even though I never wore it, and I won't be buying it.  I have finally warmed up to multicam.  On that note I don't care if you want to walk around wearing alphas or dress blues if you aren't a Marine, because you aren't a Marine and you know it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Just really there is no reason to wear the EGA now days with all the good "civilian" non-EGA digital camo out there.  Some of the stuff though like the hardshells I can see and like I have said early there is at least one Marine wife I know that makes some good money selling MARPAT off of EBAY.

However, I think that Multicam is the way to go as it is something anyone vet of any service or civilian can wear and it is all High Quality stuff with a lot of thought put into it. Besides if I see a guy wearing Multicam during SHTF chances are he's an AR15.com member.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They used to sell them at the PX in Horno during the 80's.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I am a former Marine. I can understand why there is some people upset about the public wearing MARPAT. The MARINE Eagle Globe and Anchor has to be earned. There a certain amount of pride that goes with that always. I never leaves a MARINE. I you buy a MARPAT print without the embeded EGA then I do not see a problem, but if is offical issue uniform I do see a problem as someone trying to pose as a MARINE. Recently there have been a few stories in the press of bags of puke pretending to be MARINES. If you disagree with my pov then we will agree to disagree. SEMPER FI.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I am a former Marine. I can understand why there is some people upset about the public wearing MARPAT. The MARINE Eagle Globe and Anchor has to be earned. There a certain amount of pride that goes with that always. I never leaves a MARINE. I you buy a MARPAT print without the embeded EGA then I do not see a problem, but if is offical issue uniform I do see a problem as someone trying to pose as a MARINE. Recently there have been a few stories in the press of bags of puke pretending to be MARINES. If you disagree with my pov then we will agree to disagree. SEMPER FI.  

I wouldn't disagree if it weren't for the USMC licensing the pattern to civilian companies (Tactical Tailor) with the eagle globe and anchor in the print. If they would license the pattern without the logo, and only have the logo on genuine issue uniforms, then fine, that's one thing.

I still stand by my other point though regarding people wearing ACUs. I have no less pride in being a Soldier than you do in being a Marine. I see no difference in people wearing either uniform simply because ACUs don't have a logo in the pattern. To me, the concept is the same. We both earned the uniform, logo or not... and personally, I really don't care if civilians wear ACUs (especially because the camo blows ).

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I have a MARPAT patrol cap that has no logos or emblems on it and i had a couple Marines try to come up and give me some tuff looks and tell me I should take it off...I just smirked and turned my back to them.

Were you "Mall Ninja-ing" it up in public?

That was a Marine telling you what everyone was thinking.  Camies are for the range, training and yard work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey, if someone wants to be a wannabe than all I can say is that I feel sad for them that their life is such that they can't take pride in who they are, which is probably why they never became a real Marine.

If you parade around in public in camo you're a little loonie tone anyways. Camo is for the field or the range so don't wear it to the Walmart or the gun show (don't be that guy).

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The NEX sells MARPAT here (NAS Pensacola).
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#37]
No offense, but I've thought the digital pattern BDUs/ACUs/MARPAT looked ugly ever since they first came out a few years ago. Just something about them that always looked a bit off, and they look so faded. Multicam ain't that bad though, and the ABU looks cool but I wouldn't wear it. Personally I prefer tiger stripe

I always rationalized it by saying the whole pixelated look came so that it'd be harder to see troops if viewing an area in which they were located via satellite feedback shown on screen. Correct me if I'm wrong without getting all proud about it and shoving it down my throat please? I don't think that's included in a soldier's paycheck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top