Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 1:35:09 PM EDT
I am new to the HK program, but not new to guns. I would like to know where to start so I can build a UMP. Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
1: Buy a USC
2: Submit SBR paperwork
3: Acquire a complete UMP lower, with stock.
4: Call these guys: www.tacticalexcellence.com/

Tada.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
HKpro has at least 10 threads on this subject at any given time.

Here is a start:

1. You need to purchase an HK USC rifle.
2. Depending on how handy you are, you can purchase or perform the following mods

A. Die the gun black
B. Cut the vent slots

3. Decide on what Vendor you want to provide the stock transition piece. Tactical Excellence, HDPS or Tactical Bailey's Brother

4. If you choose Tacitical Excellence you will need to source the following, UMP lower ( I suggest a (0,1), a UMP stock, UMP Barrel if going sbr route and mags.) Try Sturmgewhr and subguns classified. You can also try Josh at Clyde Armory or Centermass Arms.

5. Get on the waiting list.

Pretty much it.

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
wow, u have to buy a hole nother rifle before u can start building. That seems to be a surprise that there isn't a gun manufacture making UMP's u can buy complete...like Vector. Thanks for the info...i guess i better start saving cause this looks like it will be a very expensive build.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
wow, u have to buy a hole nother rifle before u can start building. That seems to be a surprise that there isn't a gun manufacture making UMP's u can buy complete...like Vector. Thanks for the info...i guess i better start saving cause this looks like it will be a very expensive build.

Thanks

USC - $1100 to $1300 anymore
UMP lower - $400 plus the wait
UMP stock - $200 plus a little less waiting
UMP mags - $50-60 each
UMP conversion services - $600 or so
Black dye work - $50-75
UMP vents - $50-75
USC/UMP rails - 3x $25

Yeah, expensive fast...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

UMP lower - $400 plus the wait $250
UMP stock - $200 plus a little less waiting $150
UMP mags - $50-60 each
Black dye work - $50-75 do it yourself it's simple as shit
UMP vents - $50-75
USC/UMP rails - 3x $25

Yeah, expensive fast... You got that right

Spooky

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

UMP lower - $400 plus the wait
UMP stock - $200 plus a little less waiting
UMP mags - $50-60 each
Black dye work - $50-75
UMP vents - $50-75
USC/UMP rails - 3x $25

Yeah, expensive fast...

Spooky

But well worth it.

In fact I think these will only increase in value a lot more down the road.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

UMP lower - $400 plus the wait $250
UMP stock - $200 plus a little less waiting $150
UMP mags - $50-60 each
Black dye work - $50-75 do it yourself it's simple as shit
UMP vents - $50-75
USC/UMP rails - 3x $25

Yeah, expensive fast... You got that right

Spooky

Those are what I've been seeing lately...  I got my lower and stock for $350 total shipped so they can be found for less...

Spooky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top