Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 10:21:32 AM EDT
And so begins the wait. I mailed out the form 4 last night for a suppresor and decided to SBR one of my rifles so I did a eform online today. I am curious if there is a differance in wait times. We shall see I guess
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck on a speedy turnaround (less than 9 months). Keep an eye on http://www.nfatracker.com , they have updated the site to include an e-file option. I'm curious to know if it is any faster as well.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There are numerous and credible reports that wait times are now 15 months as of this week...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are numerous and credible reports that wait times are now 15 months as of this week...
View Quote

As well as reports that the clock starts when payment is received.  "Pending" is a thing of the past and would mean that there is no time advantage in filing via eForms over mail other than a couple of days.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

yup.  i heard that too.  i have one .22 supressor pending since the first week of August, and a 5.56 supressor form 4, and 2 form 1's for an SBR and an SBS all going out this week after the sheriff signs the forms.

the good thing is that regardless of the badge in my wallet- he signs forms.  he told me once that if you dont pop with something in your background prohibiting you from buying a firearm, he signs whatever you want (NFA wise) no questions asked.

he's one of the good ones- and sadly one of the few good ones left in this country.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#5]
How do you guys tell when they are "pending" or any other status of them. This is crazy 15 months! I wish I got into the Class 3 game a while ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Not trying to pick a fight, but who has the crystal ball???

I'll believe 15+ month waits in 15+ months.  I imagine with the huge influx of "panic" buying over looming new regulations has ATF telling unrealistic times hoping people will stop calling.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll believe 15+ month waits in 15+ months.  I imagine with the huge influx of "panic" buying over looming new regulations has ATF telling unrealistic times hoping people will stop calling.
View Quote

This comes right from NFA Branch, nothing magic about it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As well as reports that the clock starts when payment is received.  "Pending" is a thing of the past and would mean that there is no time advantage in filing via eForms over mail other than a couple of days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have confirmation from Gary that the efiling processes payments and goes into pending instantly;y with a control #.

takes longer with a mail in.

Submitted / In Process = Pending in the efile system.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i have confirmation from Gary that the efiling processes payments and goes into pending instantly;y with a control #.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  Gary told me it knocks 6-8 weeks off minimum.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so 6-8 weeks would be great. I turned them in at the same time so we will see. How do you find out the status is there a website or something?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hope so 6-8 weeks would be great. I turned them in at the same time so we will see. How do you find out the status is there a website or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i wish there was.

you can call and ask, but be prepared to be told 15 months. they are back logged and trying to catch up at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same NFA branch that has told me would be an additional 2 months after 2nd pending date, and a couple weeks later stamp arrived at dealer.  

Don't think anyone outside of the NFA branch will ever know what's going on. Could be anything from their tired of the phone calls to direct orders from Eric Holder to push these forms off till they can mandate CLEO for Trusts/COrps so they can kick forms back...  We'll never know.  I'll only believe the results 15 months from now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top