Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:29:36 AM EDT
Where is the cheapest place to get Tumbling Media ( corn cob ) ?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I was buying a 50lb bag from Powder Valley. Shipping was more then the product though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe a pet store, used for bedding.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
you will want the corn cob media as small as possible the stuff I have seen at pet supply stores seem kind of large
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
media size depends on what brass your tumbling if your doing something like 9mm or larger the cheap pet store stuff works great. (what I use)  When I tumble .223 I need something smaller or plan spending hours getting all the media out of your brass(ask me how I know this)

Steven
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
media size depends on what brass your tumbling if your doing something like 9mm or larger the cheap pet store stuff works great. (what I use)  When I tumble .223 I need something smaller or plan spending hours getting all the media out of your brass(ask me how I know this)

Steven

Um, yeah, that crap sucks. Luckily I don't ever have to make that mistake again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Sandblasting / industrial abrasives supply company.  You didn't think we were the only industry using corn and walnut for cleaning, did you?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Lizard litter from WalMart.  It is walnut and does a great job.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sandblasting / industrial abrasives supply company.  You didn't think we were the only industry using corn and walnut for cleaning, did you?

+1 and I add Midways house brand of brass polish...Works like a champ.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1 to this, when I was looking for silica sand(can't get anymore), I found that the place across the street from where I work  , aside from having the BlackBeauty I needed for blasting, they also had corncob and a couple sizes of walnut ranging from $10-$19 for 50 pound bags, that's where I'll be buying from next.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lizard litter from WalMart.  It is walnut and does a great job.

Joe

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top