Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:05:30 AM EDT
I am looking for a less expensive option for walnut and corn media to clean my brass I had heard about using some litter from Petsmart but can't remember the name or size i want to run a 50/50 mix to get some bling along with some polish
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I found walnut hull being sold there as lizzard litter.  It worked fine.

I also found corn cob, but couldn't find it ground fine enough for it not to get stuck in the case--and that is one royal pain.

Both were cheaper the Midway.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
just picked up 8 pounds of walnut media at the pet supply place for a buck a pound.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Lizzard Litter and Flitz is what I use. It works fine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
HARTZ  corncob pet litter from WalMart

I've also used generic plain white rice from ALDI's

both work well and are dirt cheap
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HARTZ  corncob pet litter from WalMart

I've also used generic plain white rice from ALDI's

both work well and are dirt cheap

The corncob I have been able to find so far are larger than needed, I was able to find the ground walnut for about $1.50 lb I will see if I can find the Hartz
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
At Petsmart the walnut is lizzard litter and corn cob is cat litter, but its like a 25lb bag.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The walnut I found was for a bird cage it's called "Kaytee" Walnut Litter it cost me $8.99 for a 7lb bag I did not find the corncob cat litter, if I can't find the corncob at a decent price I will most likely just use the walnut and add polish, I would like to start adding alittle "Bling" to my brass
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top