Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2009 7:11:09 AM EDT
Just bought an 03 Suburban and am thinking about a Truck Vault.

How does it 'attach' to the truck?  I assume drilling an anchor in the floor?

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
They all attach slightly differently. Usually a combination of anchor points/bolts and ratchet straps.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the center console ones are designed to use the bolt pattern that holds the Suburban/Tahoe tub to the frame of the vehicle.  For some reason Chevy uses four long ~3/8" bolts to hold the center console tub to the frame of the vehicle, so you just unbolt those, drop the box in and reinsert the bolts. Too bad they're only available for 03+ Subs, mine is an 02.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
So it sounds like I won't have to take the drill to the truck...just a combo of backing out existing hardware plus straps, depending on model.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 2 "console vaults".  i bought them through costco online.  One is for my 03 sierra and the other is for my 03 tahoe.  They bolt directly to the floor through farctory holes in the bottom of the console.  they are each made for a specific vehicle and seem to be VERY solid and well made.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a console vault as well.  I like it and It seems to get the job done.  It bolts down inside the center console.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top