Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:14:15 AM EDT
Does anyone currently manufacture a new/better/adjustable trigger for these rifles ?
I saw jard had a listing of having one in the works but that was it.
edited( still asleep couldn't spell trigger)
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I know, it kills me.  I have an STG58 kit from DSA and the original Steyer fire control group in the lower is really very nice.  Anyone else notice this?  Too bad the American made fcg aren't as slick.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#2]
STEYR and Belgian FCGs are very nice. The FSE Mk2 is an excellent set, as is the DSA.

You could use the originals, so long as you comply w/ applicable provisions of 922 (no more than 10 EFPs: Evil Foreign Parts). but I opine that the DSA or FSE can be done well. All that aside: I regularly compete w/ an FAL and haven't had 'accuracy' problems.

Advice; clip NO springs. That is the path of destruction. SMOOTH is GOOD.href=The FAL Files and check out the Gunsmithing Forum. Frances knocked out their servers, but time is an ally.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to try Falcon Arms(falconarms.com) for their trigger pull reduction spring kit. Between that and dryfiring the rifle a few times with a dab of semichrome polish in the hammer notch, I ended up with a pretty nice pull-
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info critter,
$14.00 dollars doesn't look too bad. How much did it improve the pull ?
I saw you were from NC, what part ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info critter,
$14.00 dollars doesn't look too bad. How much did it improve the pull ?
I saw you were from NC, what part ?

I didn't put a pull guage on it 'cause I don't have one so this is purely subjective. Before the spring change I'd guess it was about 7-8 lbs.  If I had been able to use the Falcon Arms hammer spring, the spring kit probably would put it at about 5 lbs. I was getting some failures to fire so I had to go back to the Stg. hammer spring. I'd guess that put it back up to about 5.5-6 lbs. Between that and the polishing i'm pretty satisfied that I'm not going to make it any better than it is.
I live near Greensboro-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top