Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2001 8:53:29 AM EDT
I want to touch up a scratch on a Colt rifle since that is really the only flaw on the gun.  I have used a permanent marker on my Bushmaster before, but I don't think it would match that Colt grey very well.  Any suggestions or experience?

Thanks,

Saleen
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to touch up a scratch on a Colt rifle since that is really the only flaw on the gun.  I have used a permanent marker on my Bushmaster before, but I don't think it would match that Colt grey very well.  Any suggestions or experience?

Thanks,

Saleen

Depending on where it is, I have had good luck with small amounts of Birchwood-Casey Perma-Blue on Scratches  on the barrel. Won't take on most almuminum areas. For aluminum, Testor Metalizer non-buffing Lacquer (found in any decent hobby shop) in Burnt Metal or Jet Exhaust in small amounts will match Colt gray fairly close, and there may be another color that's even better. Find the one that most closely matches and apply Only to the scratch using a 000 size brush. Good Luck!
Pit
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Birchwood Casey also makes a product called aluminum black that comes in a container just like perma-blue (not a felt pen) and does an excellent job of covering up scratches on aluminum.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
From Colt Armorer's School.  Krylon Flat Black is supposed to match the color.  Use an airbrush.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top