Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 10:19:39 PM EDT
I bought this H&R 6 shot bolt action .22lr for $60.  Mounted a cheap Simmons 3-9 scope on it and took it to the national forest.  Man this thing is fun to shoot.  Its my first one.  I brought along my AR and M1A and shot the .22 more then the others.  I was shooting 50 yards with a head wind and a slight cross wind.

Once I moved out of the wind I was able to hit shotgun shells lined up on the targets.

I love this gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the .22 addiction!  

I've wanted a pea-shooter bolt gun for awhile...but I think I'm going the .17HMR route.  

Good deal for $60 though!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I had kind of forgotten about 22's for several years.  I have gotten back into rimfires in the last 6 months or so, and am literally having a "blast"!!  I have to credit my daughter for getting me back into them.  She has started wanting to go shoointg, so naturally we started with 22's.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
the national forests around here actually have trees
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Our forest are more like swamps here.

If you liked that 22lr then you need to get a 17hmr - the ammo is more like 8 bucks a box of 50, but you can move out to 200 yds and have fun as well.  I shoot the marlin 22 w/ irons and the 17hmr with the scope - dang rig has a better scope than my deer rifle- I got to fix that.

YMMV

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the national forests around here actually have trees

Most of the vegitation in this area burned during the Cavecreek Complex Fire 6 months ago.  However you are right, even at its best there were no "trees."  This is what the area use to look like.  We cant go to this area anymore because all travel off the main road is now banned to let the burned areas rehab.

www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/fire/maps/CCC-fire-250500.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top