Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2002 5:12:41 PM EDT
guns that are lefty friendly...

Since I saw a few nice bolt actions for lefties in another thread I started, lets see what other have...

I currently do not have a way to post pictures, so I will have to give a verbal on what I have...

Pistols with Ambi-capability:

Beretta Elite 92G
Beretta 87 Target (22 LR Target Pistol)
Kimber CDP Pro

and of course my AR's which have ambi-safeties installed.

Thanks,

Landwarrior

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
All of the HK USP's can be switched around for the wrong, I mean left, handed...

frisco
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger P95 is fully ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Remington 700 VS LH in .308 WCF

Ruger 77 MKII in .270 WCF

Ithaca Model 37 Ultra Featherlight in 12 Gauge
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The real question here is:

Are you left handed or just right handed and cross dominant?

I'm realy FUBAR. I'm right handed, but left eye dominat.  I shoot handguns right handed using a modified weaver stance, but shoot long guns lefty.  I play tennis right handed, hockey left handed, and golf right handed, and can't do any the other way to save my life.  I throw like a girl with my left.  

Poor me...  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
colt single action army and all clones
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
These are lefty friendly - left side feed, right side charging handle, downward ejection.

http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/6/84/67/13368467iivUusMcWL_ph.jpg

This is also pretty much completely lefty friendly - top feed, left side charging handle, downward ejection.

http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/7/0/35/13370035dkqDNjRdqc_ph.jpg
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The real question here is:

Are you left handed or just right handed and cross dominant?

I'm realy FUBAR. I'm right handed, but left eye dominat.  I shoot handguns right handed using a modified weaver stance, but shoot long guns lefty.  I play tennis right handed, hockey left handed, and golf right handed, and can't do any the other way to save my life.  I throw like a girl with my left.  

Poor me...  

I'm the same way.  Anything with a pistol grip gets shot in my right hand.  Rifles are fired from the left.  I have, however, start shooting rifles from the right side.  Its a bit awkward but I'm more accurate off the right side.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
These are lefty friendly - left side feed, right side charging handle, downward ejection.

This is also pretty much completely lefty friendly - top feed, left side charging handle, downward ejection.

Fixed the pics.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I've learned to use most everything I got as a lefty, but anymore I try to go for the LH versions. So far, 870 Express LH, 1187 Premier LH, 700 LSS LH . The '52 vintage Ithaca 37 Featherlight is pretty friendly as well. M1A and M1 Garand are pretty ambi(safety, mag catch on M1A).

I really just adapt to whatever I'm using at the moment,but nowadays I tend to search out the lefty models. I just want more calibers and models to pick from though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
HK P7M8
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

sneaky
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Ruger No.1
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Add Walther P88 to that list. Fully ambi, even a mag release button on both sides. Got one love it! 9mm
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
A bottom eject .22 Browning rifle.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#16]

M1A and M1 Garand are pretty ambi

How? The oprod is still on the right side and the M1 has to be loaded right-handed.

The '52 vintage Ithaca 37 Featherlight is pretty friendly as well.

Year of manufacture makes no difference on the Model 37.

A bottom eject .22 Browning rifle.

Loads on the right side. Doesn't make the cut.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Ah didn't name m'self "Greenhorn" fer nuthin'.  I don't know which is which.  I hold the gun with the butt on my left shoulder.  Which is that?

I'm kind of weird when it comes to which hand to use.  I only write with my left hand, I only throw with my right hand, I can play games like ping-pong with either hand, I can eat with either hand, I can only comfortably shoot a rifle with, as I said, the butt against my left shoulder, and I can shoot a pistol with either hand (although I'm more comfortable using my right hand, strangly enough) unless I'm using both arms, in which case I have to hold the gun with my left hand.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]
With about any weapon I prefer to maintain control with the firing (left ) hand on the pistol grip and manipulate the other crap with the right hand.The most important thing for me is the operation of the safety. Shells ejecting across my line of vision don't bother me. The safety on the M1 and M1A are perfect for both. A benefit to using a righty gun as a lefty is when something goes wrong, you can see the problem instantly (helpful with M4s and M16s)Not a priority but a benefit. The only time I consider it important to have a LH is on bolt actions.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#19]

The safety on the M1 and M1A are perfect for both.

Neither of those guns is left-handed. You've adapted your shooting style to their method of operation. Big difference.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm left handed, but right eyed.  Hence, I've always been very comfortable firing long guns right handed however, pistols always left...  although I can use them with my right hand without too much difficulty.
W
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#21]
DVDTracker,

So what magic trick did you use on that AR? Special photography, smoke and mirrors?  

203gnr

I have to agree with Jim_Dandy that adapting a shooting style for a weapon not truely designed/setup for a lefty is not really a left-handed firearm.

An good example of this is a Sig P229... it is designed for a right-handed shooter. But as a lefty I can operate the de-cocker and slide release without much problem. I believe Sig knows this, and this is why they have yet to make a true lefty handgun (or at least in the P220, P226, and P229 line-up)

Landwarrior...
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]
If you REALLY want a left-handed gun, check out the long-discontinued Randall/Falcon Portsider 1911A1. It's a stainless steel mirror image autoloader. Ejection port on the left side, left-handed controls, etc. They were only made for a couple of years back in '85 to '86 before the company went belly-up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah ,Jim and Landwarrior, I guess they're NOT left handed firearms. But since the name of the thread was "guns that are lefty FRIENDLY", I really don't need to waste my time arguing the point anymore.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#24]

But since the name of the thread was "guns that are lefty FRIENDLY", I really don't need to waste my time arguing the point anymore.

No you don't, because you have no argument. The guns you've mentioned are not left-handed guns, you've just learned how to adapt. I don't recall the thread being titled, "How To Shoot Left-Handed," do you?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Not a true left-hander; reverse image. The backwards print on the plastic bag in the upper right-hand corner gives it away.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.ecis.com/~weasel/temp/ar15_lefty.jpg

Not a true left-hander; reverse image. The backwards print on the plastic bag in the upper right-hand corner gives it away.

also the alarm clock.

btw, why do all you peoplez insist upon using the wrong hand?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top