Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/15/2008 12:46:12 PM EDT

Top to bottom:
Pre 89 KBI underfolder AK completely destroyed
Robinson armaments M96, barrel bent, gas tube bent, piston bent, salvagable if I can find a barrel.
Mossberg 500 Completely destroyed
IWI M888 bent barrel, should be salvagable.

These guns..they're not mine..Well, they were not mine until the previous owner  decided to take out his rage on some innocent guns just because he mis-placed a pistol.

Twas a spectacle the whole neighborhood saw!

I begged him not to do this, I offered cash. But he just kept on slamming them against my paved driveway. Pissing away all that money he spent.

I'm honestly surprised that someone can do this much damage to a firearm with their bare hands.

Oh well, most of the AK is salvagable, as is the M96 and carbine, the rest are toast.

Who can build the AK back up for me? everything is all right but the receiver, recoil spring, top cover, and FCG.

M96 barrels? gas tubes? any sources for them? I need a front sight too.  

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Robinson said they would be making spare parts soon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]

That makes some of me sick.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
bet the AK still runs

I'll give you $20 for it
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Some people shouldn't own guns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF?
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
What the hell.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree, thats why I asked if I could take them home insted of letting the county collect them on trash day.

Keeping them evil Assault weapons off the street, don't cha know?

Quoted:
bet the AK still runs

I'll give you $20 for it

I had to force the bolt carrier out with a hammer. the barrel and turnions are OK though. (which is a surprise, because he managed to bend the barrels on all the other guns)

Actually, looking at it. if I had a jig and a press I migth even be able to save the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#10]
All this over a misplaced pistol?
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
These guns..they're not mine..Well, they were not mine until the previous owner  decided to take out his rage on some innocent guns just because he mis-placed a pistol.
This really begs further explanation.  Did his "misplaced pistol" shoot his dog?

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Lets be thankful he did this to the weapons, rather than using them...

All in all... disgusting indeed.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeah, what the heck?

He looses a pistol (probably cost $500 at most) and then goes and destroys several thousands dollars worth of other firearms accomplishing what?....

Maybe he lost the pistol, and figured he'd rid himself of the rest of his guns and make an insurance claim stating all of his guns were stolen?...Insurance fraud is the only rational explanation that I can come up with besides the guy being just absolutely insane (which is very possible). Just make sure those receivers you do keep aren't on a stolen firearm list...

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll buy the AK from you if you cut the receiver in half twice so you can ship it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:
Quoted:

Yeah, what the heck?

He looses a pistol (probably cost $500 at most) and then goes and destroys several thousands dollars worth of other firearms accomplishing what?....

Maybe he lost the pistol, and figured he'd rid himself of the rest of his guns and make an insurance claim stating all of his guns were stolen?...Insurance fraud is the only rational explanation that I can come up with besides the guy being just absolutely insane (which is very possible). Just make sure those receivers you do keep aren't on a stolen firearm list...

Rest assured they aren't stolen, he doesn't keep a list of serial numbers, or even a bound book. Hence his anger at losing a pristine WWI colt 1911 (Which will bring quite a bit more than 1,500 right?)

Also, I guess I should of added in the part where these guns (with the execption of the 96) were bought way back before "Assault weapon" was a dirty word. IIRC he paid around $350 for the KBI $250 for the IMI carbine, and about $100 bucks for the mossberg.

Knowing him the pistol will turn up either in his truck or appartment like it usually does. this isn't the first time it's happened either, last time he lost a gun he took out his hot water heater with a pipe wrench.

Quoted:
I'll buy the AK from you if you cut the receiver in half twice so you can ship it.

I'm going to drop by my gunsmith Monday and see if he can do anything with it. If he can't rebuild it for me on a new receiver I'll saw cut it and PM you.

Quoted:
Quoted:
This really begs further explanation.  Did his "misplaced pistol" shoot his dog?

Negative, I say mis-placed because this is IMO likely what happened.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow.  I don't think I could be friends with an asshole like that.

If it was a glock I could understand......
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#17]
"These guns..they're not mine..Well, they were not mine until the previous owner decided to take out his rage on some innocent guns just because he mis-placed a pistol.

I begged him not to do this, I offered cash. But he just kept on slamming them against my paved driveway. "

All I have to say is what an incredible fuckin dumbass this guy is. Someone that stupid and so far out of control with his temper is someone who's very dangerous in the longrun to be friends with.
Loose him.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"These guns..they're not mine..Well, they were not mine until the previous owner decided to take out his rage on some innocent guns just because he mis-placed a pistol.

I begged him not to do this, I offered cash. But he just kept on slamming them against my paved driveway. "

All I have to say is what an incredible fuckin dumbass this guy is. Someone that stupid and so far out of control with his temper is someone who's very dangerous in the longrun to be friends with.
Loose him.

You can't choose family.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loose him.

You can't choose family.

Ain't that the truth. You have my sympathies.

You might try slapping the dumb out of him.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#20]
A person with an anger problem like that shouldn't own guns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#21]
"A person with an anger problem like that shouldn't own guns."

Bingo!

Exactly what I was going to say before I got down to your post.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Is this guy married ? I'd hate to see what he does to his wife and kids when he gets angry.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#23]
This is one case where someone needed BAKER ACTED. Gives bad name to gun owners everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  The world is better off.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#25]
how's the mossy completely destroyed?  Is the receiver bent?  there's someone with stripped mossy 500 receivers...i'm drawing a blank as to who though
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  The world is better off.

I for one agree, he's not fit to own guns. The world is better off with one less bad gun owner to give us more negative press.

I'm just glad I got a bunch of free project guns.

Quoted:
how's the mossy completely destroyed?  Is the receiver bent?  there's someone with stripped mossy 500 receivers...i'm drawing a blank as to who though

When he busted up the mossberg he somehow managed to crack the receiver where the shell tube screws in. I don't know if it would be safe to build up another gun on this receiver or not. Heck, I can't even get it apart to verify that anything inside of the receiver still works.

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I can fix the M96. Let me know if you want to sell it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Doesn't make me sick. Not my guns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Have THAT F er seek REAL help...
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#30]
The AK barrel, front and rear trunions and internal parts (though probably trigger assembly is useless as you will need 6 US parts in the newly built rifle) should be fine. I would be suprised if he bent the barrel at all. That right there is probably half of the cost of the gun. You will probably need to replace the RSB, gas block, FSB, gas tube, muzzle brake, trigger guard and the furniture.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I really dont understand the logic, or even the irrational series of event that could lead to this. So he cant find his pistol. In some kind of rage, he decides to start hurling firearms into the pavement in his driveway? Pounding on them repeatedly? Seriously, I'm quite surprised this didnt end up on the news "enraged, out-of-control man brandishing assault weapons". If that happened in my neck of the woods it woulda looked like free donut day.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Definitely not the person who destroyed them...I sense he has anger management issues.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The AK barrel, front and rear trunions and internal parts (though probably trigger assembly is useless as you will need 6 US parts in the newly built rifle) should be fine. I would be suprised if he bent the barrel at all. That right there is probably half of the cost of the gun. You will probably need to replace the RSB, gas block, FSB, gas tube, muzzle brake, trigger guard and the furniture.

You're right, the entire front assembly still looks brand new.  As does the back end sans some minor scuffing.

I'll probably have it rebuilt by someone as a 922R compliant rifle.

The M96 is looking better too. Barrel is still straight after all, it was the damn gas tube pushing down on the barrel assembly that caused it to look so slanted.

Now I just have to get the op rod out, remove the gas tube, and have it straightened out.

Bam working rifle..
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not the person who destroyed them...I sense he has anger management issues.

Big time issues.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Centerfire Systems is who you're probably thinking of.  Mossberg receiver
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#36]
If you're interested in selling the Mossberg as a parts kit and are willing to cut up the reciever, let me know. I need a good project gun.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#37]
ouch
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Well on the bight side if someone had showed him how to load them, things would have gotten much worse.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Saying he should not own guns because of this is the same as being anti-gun.  

The guy destroyed his own private property with out harming anyone.

You can never look good enough in the eyes of anti-gunners, so trying to keep "clean noses" appeases only...yourself.

Issues?  Yup, he has them.  The Bible says: "a fool vents his anger".  I don't know if a fool can't own and destroy guns that are his own property, though...
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#41]
what a fucking chode. hey, at least you made out ok in the deal though
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#42]
if you decide to sell the ak or the m96 pretty cheap give me a holler.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#43]
What a fucking idiot.

I will buy the M1 off of you if you decide not to bother with it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#44]
By God the HORROR.

What kind of a monster does that?

Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for all the offers guys.

I grew up drooling over these guns, I always thought that someday they would be mine. But I never could imagine that this is how I would come into possession of them.

I'm not going to pass anything on just yet. I'm going to take them tomorrow to a good friend (he has an FFL relax ) who claims that he can make them all functional again.

I'll see how that goes before I start hack sawing stuff, you guys will be the first to know if I do start though.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#46]
What a douche!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It is scary that this guy even had firearms if he flips out over a misplaced pistol.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj10/TheMartianMenace/IMG_0133.jpg

Top to bottom:
Pre 89 KBI underfolder AK completely destroyed
Robinson armaments M96, barrel bent, gas tube bent, piston bent, salvagable if I can find a barrel.
Mossberg 500 Completely destroyed
IWI M888 bent barrel, should be salvagable.

I begged him not to do this, I offered cash. But he just kept on slamming them against my paved driveway. Pissing away all that money he spent.

I'm honestly surprised that someone can do this much damage to a firearm with their bare hands.

Oh well, most of the AK is salvagable, as is the M96 and carbine, the rest are toast.

Who can build the AK back up for me? everything is all right but the receiver, recoil spring, top cover, and FCG.

M96 barrels? gas tubes? any sources for them? I need a front sight too.  

Can we get some better pictures... I would really like to see where/how they broke. Good to know where the stress points are... you never knew when you may have to club a zombie with your rifle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Do me a favor and go kick that idiot right square in the nuts for me! I get pissed at times and lash out, but at least I think before I do something. I mainly ruin cardboard boxes as they are cheap.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Screwed up my post somehow...

- anywho -  Wonder what his BAC was?

- AG

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top