Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2002 12:53:12 PM EDT
Anyone get a chance to look at the Tavor at the Las Vegas show?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Saw it in Ronnie Barrett's booth, handled it, wasn't impressed.

Looked clunky, felt clunky, and did not seem like it would work very well as an infantryman's rifle.  Why isn't the Israeli Army carrying it?

At $2000, they can keep it, and I would get the AR-180, DSA STG-58, a bunch of mags and ammo for both.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I read Peter Kokalis' review of it in last years Small Arms Review. It got VERY high marks for both operating system as well as ergonomics. Plus I like that it uses AR mags. It will become Israel's service rifle soon. As far as I know, every component on this rifle is derived from other successful designs, much like the Galil. Israelis' are exellent at figuring out what works and what doesnt; their very exsistance depends on it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
7.7 LBS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I thought this was supposed to be a supermaneuverable bull-pup style rifle like the Aug? That's the big reason why I was ever interested in this rifle to begin with.

Good grief, for that price I could get a preban Galil or Valmet. Galil mags are not that bad in pricing either, and the Galil is a proven system.

themao
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
This thing isn't even on my long list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top