Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 2:03:17 AM EDT
www.touri.de/werle/Garand/garand.html

I'm the first one to say that I know next to nothing about Garands, other than the cool sproing that is heard when it's empty. (I bet that sound made many a GI pucker up on the battlefield though)

I periodically get interested in them after checking them out at the funshow, but the commerical price is unfreakingreasonable and my interest wanes..... but, I found the above, with what appears to be a detachable M14 mag. Can anyone tell me about this?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is what I found  on  a quick internet search.

recguns
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
You can call it a M14 Garand. It uses a M14 reciever and the Garand Op Rod needs to be modified to take a roller bolt.
I looked into having one built, but didn't for the moment. I'm sticking to a M14 and M1 project.
Texas Ordnance can make the mods and had a photo of it some time ago.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like the tanker with the detachable magazine you should get a look at the new SOCOM 16.  Mine is just awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top