Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 10:08:26 PM EDT
Well 1st off I'm not putting this together for some never gonna happen SHTF - end of the world type thing. I'm also not in the military or a LEO. I'm putting this together for my own satisfaction. Don't flame me for it, If I want to spend my money let me, I'm only stimulating YOUR economy right?

So that said I'm basically looking for a rig to carry mags for my Ar and my pistol (1911/XD), some small stuff and do it all well.

Here's the list of what I think I'm going to order:

SO Tech Hellcat Mk2
SO Tech H-Harness
SO Tech Bib (that fits on the Hellcat)
SO Tech Hydration back cover for a Camelbak
3 Paraclete M4 mag pouches
2 paraclete upright General Purpose pouches
1 paraclete Quad pistol mag pouches

I need to find a good holster to go on the Hell cat and for taht i was thinging just a USGI holster with the flap. Don't konw that name of that.

Also I think I'm gonna get a

CQB Solutions Tac Ops belt, Safariland SLS Holster for a light equiped 1911 and 2 G-gode dual pistol mag carriers, and 2 more Paraclete mag pouches for teh belt for when I'm running classes or something when I don't want to use the Hellcat.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bump.

What he said.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You're definitely picking the write manufacturers and components.  Beyond that, how well it all works for you depends on what you expect it to do and how you configure it but I'd keep the holster and the pistol mags seperate from the chest rig.

Also, I'd avoid the military flap holster, which is made by Bianchi BTW, unless you happen to find one in good condition for really cheap.  There are a ton of better options available including the Safariland you mention.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Good equipment.
Maybe you should think about seperating your gear into first/second/third line components.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good equipment.
Maybe you should think about seperating your gear into first/second/third line components.

Aight. Someone explain the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line idea to me.

1st line is like a belt with my pistol etc one it right?

2nd line is the Hellcat in this case.

and 3rd line is a rucksak?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup. 1st is stuff such as the handgun that needs to stay with you. 2nd is fighting load and 3rd is existance load which would be the stuff in the ruck. Sounds like you want something pretty basic for your rifle and handgun setup. What about a CQB chest rig? Less money and it will let you know if that's more the type of setup you want before spending the money for the Hellcat setup. On the other hand, your original plan seems fairly well thought out. Just make sure that's the type of rig you want. I prefer a vest myself. I also use one of the rifle pouches on the vest for the second handgun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Aight. Someone explain the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line idea to me.

1st line is like a belt with my pistol etc one it right?

1st line = survival.   The bare minimum to keep going for a few days all attached directly either in pockets or on the pants belt.  The advantage of keeping the pistol and mags on this more basic line is that you can take off the heavier rifle gear without being unarmed.

2nd line is the Hellcat in this case.
2nd line = fighting.  Rifle, rifle ammo, etc.  

and 3rd line is a rucksak?
3rd line = sustainment.  Food, extra ammo, extra water, sleeping bag, etc.  

If you've got your gear broken down like this then you can drop the heavy ruck and still have the gear you need to fight.  And beyond that you can drop the heavy web gear and still have the basics to survive.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool. Thats basically what I thought. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well 1st off I'm not putting this together for some never gonna happen SHTF - end of the world type thing.

Why not?? What are you going to do if things go bad? Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Good setup by the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top