Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 9:51:54 AM EDT
How many of you own and shoot AR's?. I'm seriously considering getting selling my AR's, mags and ammo and switching over to a Fulton Armory M1 Garand.

Any opinions?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Well thats good, if that what you want to do, Fulton puts out some good stuff..

BUT go the CMP route, and have the best of both worlds........
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Sold one of my ARs to get a CMP Garand. No regrets here.        My $.02
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I'm a little leary about the CMP rifles as there are no guarantees. What have your experiences been in dealing with them? Are the rifles safe to fire without having a gunsmith check them out?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell all but one of the lowers to fund the purchase.  If you have different uppers, use those with the one lower and your not losing anything. My .02
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Save your spare change in a jar. Seriously, it adds up!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you should keep atleast one AR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:06:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Save your spare change in a jar. Seriously, it adds up!!!

Or 5 gallon water jug!

Seriously, I looked into it a little further and the loss I would incur to make the swutch combined with the additional $$$ kind of puts a damper on it. I kind of like the idea of the CMP rifle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. I'm a little leary about the CMP rifles as there are no guarantees. What have your experiences been in dealing with them? Are the rifles safe to fire without having a gunsmith check them out?

I recently went the CMP route for my first Garand and are quite pleased, it is easily the best $520.95 I have ever spent...I also was concerned about quality, don't be, there are differant grades of guns to choose from...I was advised by fellow members of Battlerifles.com for my first to go with a USGI Service Grade, and let me tell you, that thing is a shooter !!! Good Luck with whatever you decide...
- Hate to see you get rid of an AR, in the true spirit of this site you really should have both !!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I could not be happier with my CMP rifle.  I bought it with the intention of changing out the barrel.  The problem was, that once I cleaned it up, the barrel was darned near new inside and will shoot 1" groups benchrested at 100 yards.  No changes to this one till its wore out.

I was thinking of going the .308 route, but after shooting it and having a friend of mine who shoots high power look it over, and approve, I'm just going to shoot it and leave it alone ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top