Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 9:07:01 AM EDT
Hello, Just a stupid newbie question on the 870 express with 7 shot extension.

I'm trying to install the Surfire forelight. How do it remove the existing forend tube nut?

Should I use a wrench since I can't seem to twist it off with my hands?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
if you look at the rear of the forend you'll see a round circle with two square notches.  Take a square object that fits in them and turn.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I'll give it a try...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a quarter ($.25 piece) on mine. My fingers hurt after ward, but its all I had. That thing can be a bugger though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Uh, if you bought the surefire new, it should have a tool in the box, kinda silver.

If you didn't by it new.  You are paying the price for your CHEAPNESS!!!!

Sorry.  Keyboard slipped.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Some see cheapness as a virtue.  Me included.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone. The major problem I had was detaching the shot extension tube, which was quickly dispatched with a wrench and an old t shirt.

The surefire kit did come with a small tool to remove the nut.

I thought got a pretty good deal on it $199.95 with an Eotech 511.A65 for around $225 or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top