User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2003 1:21:27 PM EDT

Anyone have one of these?

Synthetic or wood?

Thoughts?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has 1 and he loves it.It has a fiberglass stock in camo.

In fact,I just bought a preban std (cheap) that will be a bush folder when I'm done with it in a couple weeks.

I'll have a bush with scout mount and ARMS #18 for double duty.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
 I have a Scout Squad in a customized skin fitted GI stock...it rocks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a "bush", like it better than the standard for my interest and use,

If you get one, get a walnut stock, then pick up a few G.I. syn at fun shows for ~$20 and repaint them.  I have a woodland, desert, and tact-black stocks to switch out with.  Bought,repainted and clear coated all three for ~$60.
Don't get the SA black syn, the paint job sucks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came with the black stock. The paint started to come off within 50 rds. It also seems to be more slippery than the wood stock, even with the cheap crinkle finish and the fake checkering.

Other than that, I really like the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Mrs. Different has a M1A Scout.  It is her favorite rifle.  We removed the scope mount and replaced the muzzle brake with an Entreprise Arms M14 shorty flash hider.  We replaced the factory black crinkle stock with a desert camo painted USGI synthetic stock.  Black colored rifle furniture gets too hot to hold out here in the desert.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The M14 Vortex is barely shorter than the standard M14 flash supressor, but if you're replacing the muzzle brake which comes on the Scout Squad rifle you may as well go with the latest technology.

Top to bottom:
Vortex (Crane NWS contract model)
M14
Faux Vortex

-- Chuck

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top