Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 7:09:21 PM EDT
So how much could I get for a Springfield SAR-8 that is essentialy new?  How much are they sold for in stores these days?  I am in hell (aka California) so I don't know the market value of these rifles anymore.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it an over stamped 3? I have both an over stamped 3 and one made a bit later. In new condition as an over stamped 3 I'd think about $1200. As a regular 8 perhaps nearer to $1000.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]

I don't know what you mean by an "over stamped 3".  Do they even make them anymore?  I don't see them on Springfield's website.

Thanks for the range none the less.

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Was a '3' they over stamped with an '8'   :)
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally when Springfield Armory imported the SAR3, it was a HK91 execpt made on HK designed Greek machinary. Then Geo. Bush Sr. comes along and slaps an import ban on military style assualt weapons prodded by Sec of Ed Bill Bennet. Springfield had a bunch of guns sitting their warehouse that they couldn't sell as SAR3s, so SA stamped with a backward 3 to create the SAR8. The old sheet-metal SAR8 is equal in every way to its HK91 cousin. It is even better in some aspect as the rear sight is adjustable without the funny HK91 tool for elevation. The old sheet metal receiver SAR3/SAR8 takes all acessories and parts for the HK91. I don't know about the newer aluminum SAR8.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright gotcha.  I don't see any funny stamping, it looks like a clean "8".  But the gear was made in Greece. "EBO GREECE.  Made in Greece"

Thanks for the input fellas.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Am I to understand that you have a SAR 8 for sale?  Have you decided on a price?

What do those with SAR 8 experience have to say about its reliability?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Reliability is excellent.  I've got three in my safe...and I'm always looking to buy another.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
the Greek ones rock.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Just purchased a SAr8 on Gunbroker and am waiting to get it and it is the greek one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The SAR-8 will be for sale shortly as well as a MAK-90 and probably a Beretta 1201FP w/ ghost ring sights.  They are a pal of mine's and he will be selling when he moves in a month or two so save those greenbacks!  

Also he is not a "shooter" so they are all in near perfect condition.

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Am I to understand that you have a SAR 8 for sale?  Have you decided on a price?

I've had one for 6 years and it is one of my favorite guns.  Bought new at a gun show for $950 in '97.  I got a very good deal.  

It is a very reliable rifle.  Basically an HK without saying HK.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
IN hindsight I should have purchased the "made(FORGED) in greece one" I was offered from a FFL dealer asking 1600 but it was a bit steep in 98/99 for one, he was a sleez ball. I like then @ 800/1000 now though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reliability is excellent.  I've got three in my safe...and I'm always looking to buy another.

Jeez, shaggy, that means you've got SARS.  Better go see the doc.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeez, shaggy, that means you've got SARS.  Better go see the doc.

I did.  He said it was ok to have SARS, though to be careful because in its more advanced stages, it can lead to AIDS (Always In Debt for Something).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top