Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/13/2003 10:21:14 PM EDT
I just started 250/300yrd target. I was accustomed to 100yrds which is not easy but no BIG deal for me to walk.(walkingdifficultieshere). What power "spottingscope" would you suggest taking both cost and cumbersumness into consideration. No free standing "FLOOR/ground"tripods, bench tripods OK, I need something I can just with a simple movement see the target out to 300yrds with. I saw a 18X36X50mmobj I might consider......Magnification levels I'm not familiar with W/SpotScopes and useing them, I've only shot 100yrds regularary. THANKS GUYS.!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:34:05 PM EDT
I had a BSA 15x45x45(?) that I liked but it didn't pick up .223 holes too well over 100 yards.

I just recently bought a Bushnell 20x60x60 that seems to do better for my terrible eyesight.

There's a web sight that has a gazillion optic products on it, I think it was in NY. They have everything but scopes, IIRC. Sorry, I can't recall their name.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:08:17 PM EDT
Thanks BobCole my friend. I just switched "clubs" in a commie state. I will let myself go through 6 mo trasnitional overlapping memeberships to become fully interegrated I thought, Then today , first day there, a guy brings a AK,(bumping),AR,FAL.22,50bmgAR!.......he lets me shoot them all, I'm a convert already! I need recomendations or 300 yrds, he had a NIKON 30X60X80,but thats a bit much.IMO
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:44:02 AM EDT
DNRA, I know a little about optics and most often you get what you pay for. The German scopes (Zeiss, leica, et.al) have good contrast so the holes on paper stand out better. The glass is "cold" in comparison to Jap Glass. The Nikon glass is very good but at that price you can get German. There are also some scopes built in Eastern European countries that I hear are quite good but I have not had any experience with them. The problem is our (my) age. The eyes just get worse the older we get. I would spend less on equipment and more on optics. Lastly, buying a used German scope is the way because they have factory techs here that can make adjustments so they function like new. Good luck, ARSTAF
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:58:16 AM EDT
Look very carefully at KOWA. Like ARSTAF stated, you get what you pay for, and these are great scopes for the money. Another would be the Wind River (Leupold). They're also very nice scopes for the money.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:47:35 PM EDT
One of the best and cheapest is the Pro Optic spotting scope....the one I have has a 45 degree eyepiece which is really ok........one of the best places to buy a scope is www.adorama.com
Top Top