Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:32:55 AM EDT
Im thinking of purchasing a Mosin from AIM surplus.

My question is, are the Fin made ones worth the extra money?
I will be using Surplus 7.62x54r ammo.

what type of surplus ammo will do 2 moa at 400 yards?

Also what scope mount do I need to use a rifle scope?

Pretty much want a rifle capable of 2 moa out to 400 yards w/ surplus ammo, if thats possible

thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:49:33 AM EDT
I have a few russians, romainians and a pole. They all shoot pretty good for what they are, some have sewer pipes for bbls and still shoot ok. 2moa may be a stretch at longer distances. Fins are either captured russians or local built, make sure you get what you pay for. I do not scope them, I prefer original.

I have a '39 Tula that easily runs 1.5 inches with good quality surplus at 100 yds. I also have a late war Izzy that has pretty spotty accuracy, it does look pretty.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:44:29 PM EDT
they have a m39 at AIM surplus for 180. are those a good deal?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:54:10 PM EDT
The Finnish guns have heavier barrels and (much) better triggers. The Finns prided themselves on accuracy and took the time to improve their basic infantry rifles- even the ones built up from original Russian receivers.

It is generally accepted that the Finnish rifles are on average more accurate than their Russian counterparts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:36:53 PM EDT
guns and ammo.com has one for $140 on their list, i would opt for something like it over aims $180 guns. ive seen some pics of aims shooter specials and they really arn't in that good of condition.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:16:13 PM EDT
You will have to ruin it as a collectible rifle to mount a regular scope on it.

Probably be happier with a modern rifle designed for scope mounting.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Kal-El:
Im thinking of purchasing a Mosin from AIM surplus.

My question is, are the Fin made ones worth the extra money?
I will be using Surplus 7.62x54r ammo.

what type of surplus ammo will do 2 moa at 400 yards?

Also what scope mount do I need to use a rifle scope?

Pretty much want a rifle capable of 2 moa out to 400 yards w/ surplus ammo, if thats possible

thanks

Top Top