Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:02:02 PM EDT
I noticed that on the Smith Ent web site under closeouts they had some scope mounts from 1994 that had a weaver base/ rail (instead of the picitanny)? Price was only $105. I am currently using a Springfield Armory mount which has a weaver base and was thinking of upgrading to the smith. Is this the same as the current Smith Enterprise scope mount in terms of quality and the way it mounts on the rifle? Is it less than 1/2 the price of a Smith mount with picitanny rails because no body wants weaver bases?? Since I already have the rings for a weaver it is a cheap upgrade. Any thoughts?? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Yes 2) The U. S. military uses Picatinny rails so Weaver rail mounts are not in demand. 3) Go for it and save money.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I would give them a call and make sure they are still available. I had a conversation with Ron Smit a while back and he stated they had sold out.

Karsten

Karsten
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would give them a call and make sure they are still available. I had a conversation with Ron Smit a while back and he stated they had sold out.

Karsten

Karsten

Thanks for the update, Karsten.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top