Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2011 12:19:43 PM EDT
Wanting to add a simple sling to my GSG-5P and noticed when I took the rear backplate off that there was a place for a nut and you could drill it out and maybe add a swivel stud or something for a sling.  Anyone done this or do they market something for this?  Want to add a simple 2 point sling from the rear of the gun to the front factory sling point.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The rear of my GSG5P came with a sling attatchment. I ran a HK style hook type sling from there to the front sling attatchment on the front sight tower. Worked awesome. I figured they all came that way, guess not...
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish it had.  So does it just mount using a nut on the back or ?  Could you by chance post a pic of the mount and inside of the end cap where it attaches?  Hoping to find one so I can just drill a hole and install it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Acutally, I'm not using my rear cap anymore since I converted my P model to a Carbine. If you are interested I'm willing to part with it.

Here is a link to a similar part I found online....
http://www.amazon.com/GSG-5-GSG-5P-GSG-5PK-COMPATIBLE-END/dp/B002I0OAT2
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
How much?  Shoot me a PM if ya want.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I forgot, its made to accept HK push pins, so I dont think the OEM screw will work. HK pins are about $12 shipped from RRages.com, if you havent swapped your screws out yet, it's a must have for these guns! If you still want it, I'll have to see how much it will be to ship it. Shouldnt be much, it weighs next to nothing. You cover shipping and its yours, beats the $30 or whatever they go for online.

Edit: Here is a link to some pictures of my end cap on my Photobucket page...

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/Mac12782/GSG-5/
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If you still have it, I'll take it for shipping, that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
BLACKHAWK!
http://www.amazon.com/Blackhawk-SWIFT-Sling-MP5-70GS08BK/dp/B00152OMBU/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I11ZPS3MOSDJQF&colid=21JGE21E6W4OD
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks good, but I can't tell how it attaches by the pictures (too small for my old eyes I guess).  I can't tell how the thing would attach to a GSG-5P since there is no stock and the back plate is just smooth?  Thanks for the link and I like it, if I can figure out how it would work before I buy it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The rear plate I have has a sling loop attatched. I've since sold mine but they are now on ebay for about $15.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]
This isn't the BLACKHAWK but it has the same H&K sling attachment.  I do not have a GSG end cap. My end cap is genuine H&K.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top