Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 8:13:13 PM EDT
Finally...... After about a year of torment I have at last reached my decision. As in the past, I made the decision as
to which caliber to go to with the 3 coin toss in a row method. Heads it was, & 5.56x45 was the winner with
my beloved old 7.62x51 being the loser.

No more angst about stopping power or penetration...... No more worrying about recoil for my son when he
will start shooting soon..... No more tossing & turning about feed ramps or aluminum receivers or gas
ports.....No more questions from my wife like "What are you thinking about? You seem distracted..."
(Of course, in my mind at that moment there is only the old TV going-off-the-air 5-4-32-1 backwards dial)...
No more reservations about synthetic stocks or will I get Picatinny paralysis or FSB OMG which one is right....

Just do it. Flip the coin & never look back. I WILL miss my wonderful .308....So many good times &
memories with all of the ones I had. Forster will be happy I am back into reloading, no doubt :)
CCI & IMR 8208 BR will once again grace the shelf of my soon-to-be completed loading bench (Oh yeah,
honey, I forgot to mention that I need to take over the garage & kick your Mercedes to the curb)

Maybe I will hit the lottery soon & retire "young". If that happens I will get an M1 & a M14, I promise :)

Jebs
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Why cant you own both? Not enough fundage to builda 5.56?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Finally...... After about a year of torment I have at last reached my decision. As in the past, I made the decision as
to which caliber to go to with the 3 coin toss in a row method. Heads it was, & 5.56x45 was the winner with
my beloved old 7.62x51 being the loser.

No more angst about stopping power or penetration...... No more worrying about recoil for my son when he
will start shooting soon..... No more tossing & turning about feed ramps or aluminum receivers or gas
ports.....No more questions from my wife like "What are you thinking about? You seem distracted..."
(Of course, in my mind at that moment there is only the old TV going-off-the-air 5-4-32-1 backwards dial)...
No more reservations about synthetic stocks or will I get Picatinny paralysis or FSB OMG which one is right....

Just do it. Flip the coin & never look back. I WILL miss my wonderful .308....So many good times &
memories with all of the ones I had. Forster will be happy I am back into reloading, no doubt :)
CCI & IMR 8208 BR will once again grace the shelf of my soon-to-be completed loading bench (Oh yeah,
honey, I forgot to mention that I need to take over the garage & kick your Mercedes to the curb)

Maybe I will hit the lottery soon & retire "young". If that happens I will get an M1 & a M14, I promise :)

Jebs
View Quote

What?

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
There is that 'Mercedes' factor about a .308 tho-

Welcome to the fold...  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel you op. I could get rid of my 308 and ammo I've collected and get that acog I've had my eye on.

I've bought and sold my 308 twice, but I keep going back. I get it built, and just look at it.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a little tired, but what is your point? How is this technical?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
why not both.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
What did I just read?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
wat?

Get both
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]
What just happened? Did we just get streaked?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

It's a 5.56 vs.. 308 thread. Discusses some pros/cons. Indulges his emotions. Let's us know his wife drives a Mercedes. And then reaches his conclusion that 5.56 is the better, more versatile round for his needs.

OP, I spent too much time thinking about x vs. y also. No decision has ever been final yet! Have fun shooting with your boy.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:02:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 'X Discussions' sections are purely firearm oriented GD these days.

Where's the Gov't when you actually need some damn control?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I got rid of .308 to be able to shoot 5.56 way more. I like to shoot hundreds of rounds at a time and .308 was too much $$ for me to be able to do it as often as I like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top