Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:13:30 AM EDT
I just realized when i put a side saddle on my 870 that the saddle stops the shotgun from racking one in. I did not know i had to change the forend. Am i right?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You can change it out but I'm not sure which kind fits.  Most people either cut the stock one or put on a 4 shot saddle.  That's why I went with a 4 shot one....I didn't want to mess with my stock one.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the aftermarket "tactical" forends will fit, as they're usually far shorter than the stock forend. The SureFire dedicated light will definitely fit. If you have a specific model of forend in mind, your best bet is to ask the manufacturer directly, or just post here...Someone will know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
when I had one I cut it. You don't even notice it after a while
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
ok thanks guys... I guess im gonna get a surefire than.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have to cut the forearm a little to work with a six round side saddle and want to restore the gun to it's original form later on, what's the cost for a new forearm $20 or $30?  If you put a Surefire forearm on what's the cost $200 or $250?

You do the math,
MadDog
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Well i would also like a light on it so i might as well do the surefire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top