Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2001 2:17:32 PM EDT
I have a preban mini-14 and a offer  to trade for a taurus  ragingbull 454 casull stainless 6.6".should I trade in your opinion?     I already have a ragingbull .What is the resale value of these to guns  .mini-14 has factory mag and to 40 rd. mags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have one, keep the mini.  They aren't as accurate as an AR, but the damn things are pigs, they eat anything and keep on ticking.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I would keep the mini-14 because they are .223, they are reliable, they are fun to shoot, they are sort of an assault weapon, they look cool, they can accept high capacity magizines, and they are accurate for man-sized targets in SHTF.  I personally have 4 preban mini-14s.  Two have been custom parked and two are stainless.  All are 100% reliable, no jams EVER.  I also have 4 Ram-Line folders and 4 metal folding stocks for use if I need them.  Just get some good mags and keep it.  Assault weapons are much more practical and fun to shoot than giant caliber pistols than have strong recoil.  I also have a CAR-15, postban Bushmaster 20" HBAR with a Armalite chromed barrel, and a sweet SAR-2 fixed up with Hungarian furniture and a AA-OK musslebrake.  So, as you can see I like assault weapons and I would keep the mini.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
jcb9901, you don't mention the condition of either gun but the .454 - Exc. is $650. - VG is $500.
On the Mini-14 you're about $375.00 - $450.00

Since your Mini-14 is pre-ban your barrel cost Ruger about $8.00.
The Mini-14 was designed by one of Eugene Stoners boys, superb receiver/action - garbage barrel.
Put on a decent barrel and you have a much more accurate weapon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for responses ,I will hang on to mini-14 as I also like assault weapons ,Have mak90,sks,ruger 2 10/22 gatling gun and bushy 16" shorty on order .And can't wait to get my ferret50 upper which is also on order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top