Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 12:15:58 PM EDT
Im thinking of getting a new Gun should I get a new Sig P226 with all the stuff(357 sig/ 40S&W barrels, holters ect), Preban AR, Gemtech can or a Scattergun built shotgun?

Clinth
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

SIG

Yep, I'd get the sig

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Please help me decide :)

Clinth
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were going to buy a defensive shotgun I would buy a Vangcomp 870 or a Vangcomp Mossberg 590. I would probably buy the Mossberg right now as he has a great special running on the 590A1 right now. I was also less than impressed with some aspects of two Vangcomp'd 870's that I shot next to some time ago, although I do not blame Vang for this. The patterns were INCREDIBLE out to 25 yards, but the 870's were both much slower than my plain jane Mossberg 500 (stiff nechanisims, bulky forearm, and a safety placement that is slow) and had fairly consistent problems where I had none. Look for the Vangcomp website, you would be hard pressed to find a tighter shooting defensive shotgun. One 870 was shooting less than 6"  with 00 Federal buck at 25 yards!

I have a 226, and a 220 Sig, which I love and hate. I love the way they feel and point, but I cannot get a consistent first shot with the double action first pull. I am still working on it, and the guns are reliable enough, but I pull that first shot low no matter what I do.

The AR is, well an AR. Most fun and comfortable high power rifle to shoot in my opinion.

I say buy them all!

If you cannot do that, you have to get a bit more specific about what you want to accomplish with the purchase.

Ray
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with 240z on the Vangcomp, gonna have to go see the deal on 590's he's talking about....I'd get the AR.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Well.... what do you have already?  My first choice would be the preban AR but it would depend on what I already had.

Where in AK are you?  Still planning on buying in Anchorage?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Shadowblade- I'm in North Pole, if I go with the SIG I will email that Buddy of yours and order one. But my wife found out how much $money my Bonus check was so I lost half of it :( So much for the sig and a Preban or was it Preban and a can..:) Hell so many chooses so little money.

Clinth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top