Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2011 6:20:34 PM EDT
Hogue black rubber stock, black painted receiver, extended mag release, improved trigger (feels like a 3-4lbs pull), and a Butler Creek 20" .920 stainless barrel...
$280 cash.  
How did I do?
I feel pretty good about it.
It's my first 10/22

I tossed a 3x9x30 scope i had laying around on it.   It came with a scope rail, but looks like a generic one.
I only had some cheap Remington bulk pack on hand so I grabbed my muffs and went to the range.
At 50 yards, it shot 10 round groups into the size of a 50 cent piece with ease.
My best group shot in the size of a quarter.
I figured that was pretty good considering the cheap ammo, it was kinda breezy, and it was my first time to ever shoot a 10/22.
I think it's got some potential!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
price seems decent!

if that's the black crinkle finish on the receiver it's probably a new polymer trigger housing and the factory extended mag release.  older guns have the aluminum trigger housings. they've also had smooth black paint as well.

they come with a rail that's a weaver rail, with a 3/8" dovetail down the middle. it works fine but some of the aftermarket ones are better looking, longer, taller or whatever.

i suggest a bolt buffer on any 10/22 with a scope, but check first to see if it has one or not.

to do that you'll have to remove the stock and when you do that you'll need to make sure that the safety is half on, half off so it doens't catch the stock when you're taking it apart.

there are some vendors with listings on rimfirecentral.com with VERY inexpensive buffers. much better than ebay prices.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tips!
It must be an older one because it's smooth black finish and has a metal trigger housing.
It's got some wear.  All of the pins in the receiver practically fall out.
I was just reading about bolt buffers.   Which one is best?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
the pins fall out on new guns too, unless you get oversized pins or one of the custom trigger groups. not a huge deal if it's just a plinker.

the metal trigger housings are prefered by many, but the new polymer one is cheaper to make.

i bought the cheapest, which was from one of the guys on RFC. they came to $1.25 each, delivered. but i think he raised his price so now it's 4 for $6 or somthing like that. i haven't heard anyone make claim to be able to prove/measure/tell any difference between them.

some are harder, some are softer, some have a metal pin inside. they all seem to do the same thing. 15 years ago when it wasn't so easy to get them, my first 10/22 tire up the new scope i had on it after 15,000 to 20,000rds or so. that was back when a bulk pack box of Federal was $8.88 at WM and it only took me a year or two to kill that scope.

find what ammo your gun likes best. the Remington Golden Bullets don't seem to have many fans, so you can probably do better. without getting crazy i'd suggest trying a box of the Federal bulk pack and a box of their Automatch, both are available at Walmart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top