Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 2:20:03 PM EDT
Hey Guys,
Newbie wanted to know what you guys recommend for a scope? I have a new R22 on order - My 1st Rifle.
Thomas said to go with something 16x or so, most commons one I have seen are 3X9.
like to spend under 3hunge.

Looking for the best scope in that price range, to plink with at around 50 yards..
Thanks for you help.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
How about a fixed 4X.  I bought a Burris for a couple hundred, check SWFA.

B_S
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I mounted a Holosight just ahead of the ejection port.  Now I'm the pimpest ninja in the mall.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
16X is IMHO excessive. A 3-9X is a fine all-round .22 scope, and gives you the option to shoot it offhand as well (try offhand at 16X sometime if you want to actually watch your own heart beat).

An inexpensive 3-9X 40mm with AO would be ideal. There are several availaible for under $100. Check ads in SGN.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
heres mine

its an ACCUshot 4-16x56mm 30mm tube with illuminated MIL-DOT reticle and side parralux adjust

bought it new for $150 from leapers
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/Glockster19/myguns001.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top