Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2015 10:29:30 PM EDT
i have a Ruger 10/22 Takedown and a cheap old 4x32 scope  

Thing is,it shoots way right and even though I have gotten closer to true, the scope click adjustment won't go any further.

The scope rings are on the Weaver/Picatinny base that came with the rifle.

Any ideas or trash it for a better optic?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
take the rings off, and remount from scratch.  It probably isn't the scope, or at least not all of it.  Sounds like a problem with how it is mounted.  good luck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
bent tube? Or the alignment of base to scope rings are off.   Easiest way to find out drop another scope on it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it a new gun? A lot of new 10/22s have been shipping with barrels mounted crooked and people can't get them zeroed because they shoot so far to one side.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A quick and easy way to see if there is misalignment:

Take the top of the scope rings off and lay a 1" wood or aluminum dowel rod in them.

This will tell you if the barrel and scope line up.
View Quote

+1  I like that idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top