Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2002 3:35:54 AM EDT
Hello everyone!  I'm new to this site and I just purchased a new Rock River Arms Varmint yesterday.  I got the standard A4 flattop receiver and was wondering what you recommend for scope rings.  I have a Sightron 3-12X42 MilDot scope I want to mount on it.  So far I have looked at Leupold and Burris rings.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.  I would like to stay under $50 if possible.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would stick with Rock River and get their one piece ring/mount I have one and it works like a champ.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
A heartfelt welcome to you. Enjoy your stay, just keep your feet off of the coffee table.

You may want to look for an Armalite one piece scope mount. It is designed for flattops and puts the scope at the correct height. There is only two problems, they are $80-$95 and are currently on back order.  These mounts are indestructable and worth all of the money.

Once again, welcome to the madness.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]
While I've used a number of the one-piece mounts (including the Armalite on my AR-10) I actually prefer a short riser mount.

This just raises the weaver base about 3/4". Then you can pick and choose which rings you like best to use with the scope of your choice.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Get two Bushmaster risers, then mount some Leupold quick release rings on it.  You'll be happier than a pig in shit and it works like a charm!  Other than that, cdnninvestments.com has "Precision Tactical 1"/30mm rings," which look like they are a high mount for $70, which look pretty decent AND they take both tubes!  However, I love the quick release capability of the Leupolds and would strongly recomend them. The riser/ring combo can be had for less than $70 also.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
For cheap, Millett has high rise rings made especially for AR15 flattops.  I Like the Armalite 1 piece mount but think the RRA mount is a great alternative at 1/2 the price ($45)
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
A.R.M.S. # 22 H, and if your scope has a 1 inch tube, get their 1 inch inserts.  Oops, I did not see your $50 limit, but they are the best quick release mounts for a tactical flat top receiver.  They DO NOT change POI.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Stay with Rock River. Get the Rocky One Peice Mount (Know to Rocky Shooters as Slab-O-Mount.)

For $45.00 direct from Rock River, $42.00 from Sable Co. or Norala Tactical, It is without doubt the best mount deal out there.

I have one on my Rocky, And it is one SOLID MF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top