I picked up this Savage in 222 Rem. a few months ago because the price was right and the bore was very clean. It was quite accurate as well though I did have a local smith cut the lead a little further in as it was nearly touching the case mouth and it now is virtually the same lead as my other 222 Rem.
The original scope mount would not accommodate my large belled 6-18x Burris scope without removal of the rear sight so I ordered the b-square mount that also accommodates Weaver or Picattony style rings.
The mounting bracket required a few minutes inletting the stock "no big deal" so with that done I went to mounting the scope. Well the B-Square mount is real nice but the rings suck. 1st I mounted the scope with the hold down screw on the right.
That caused too much right hand windage and too much elevation. Out of the adjustment zone of my scope. I didn't have another pair of rings around so I turned the hold down screw to the left side. Now there's too much too much left hand windage and not enough elevation. 3rd try I move the rings from front to back and back to front. Now the elevation is within the adjustment range but the windage is not quite there yet. Sooo, finally I turned the rings so the hold down screws are on the other side, and both elevation and windage are within adjustment range and I finished bore sighting it.
The moral of the story is there's more than one way to skin a crappy set of rings!
I'll likely I'll buy a higher quality set of rings in the future, but my budget is shot for this month.